Monday, March 20, 2017

A Witch Lives Here

This home is located in one of the oldest neighborhoods in South Bend Indiana.  I have visited many times.  I don't know when it was built, but I would guess around the turn of the last century.  The inside is what you might imagine it would be if someone told you a witch lives there.  For the most part, it's dark.  There is an office that looks like you walked into an antique shop decked out for Halloween.  The parlor is magnificent AND it has a coffin as part of the decor.  The rest of the house is pretty much what you would expect.  The rooms upstairs are bedrooms and decorated in Victorian style.  There ARE creaking doors that open and close for no reason.  If ever there was a house to draw unseen visitors, this is the one!

Barbara is a Gray Witch and if you want to know what that means, you can find out on Google.  She's not a bad witch.  She has led an interesting life.  It would surprise you to know that she was born Amish.  It would NOT surprise you to know that she was shunned.

Barbara is 74 and has been reading tarot cards for 50 years.  She has a dog that actually DOES say "I love you".  She remembers that the first time she met my grandson she gave him a hamster.  I don't know all that Barbara does, but I know she believes in what she does.  She has made a good living reading tarot cards and has been "entertaining" at various conventions and other events that would surprise you.  For about 8 years she had a spot on the local radio station.  Silly people would call in asking questions and think they were getting Psychic advise.  To my ears, all I heard was common sense answers.  The kind smart parents would give their kids and probably do, but somehow it sounds smarter from someone they think has the inside scoop.

Our family loves her. She is straight forward.  She can entertain you for hours with stories about things she has done and people she has met.  Well known people in this town come to her for readings.  She will relate their story, but NEVER tell you who they are.  We would NEVER prod her to do so.  She has given many volunteer hours to various causes in town and is very well thought of.

The first time I met Barbara she wanted to do a reading for me.  I said ok on a whim.  She knew nothing about  me..there was no way for her to.  But she told me 3 things about me that NO ONE could possibly know.  Not Terry..Not anyone...Nada.  Not future...past.  HOW?  Doesn't matter.  She's Barbara.

16 comments:

  1. Wow very nice story. I would love to meet Barbara and see her house. Hope all is will with you and that life is treating you well. Hugs N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol what an interesting post,wish i lived close to her as i would love a reading,hope you are well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! How is your foot doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i would LOVE to meet Barbara... What a wonderful story Carol..very well told.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...some people have abilities that defy explanation. To have been touched by someone like that is very special. Strengthens faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting story about, what sounds like, a VERY interesting lady! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like someone that would be fun to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to have a reading, but never wanted to pay for it! Cheap? Uh, huh. Barbara sounds as if she might be worth the expense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Carol, Praying this finds you still getting stronger. This is the best written post I have ever read from you. Not necessarily the subject, although very intriguing. Your heart was in it too. Many emotions stirring as it was being read. Not too long but just long enough. Makes me want to meet her too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting post. She sounds like someone I would like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting and a house I'd love to live in ... but I wouldn't have Halloween in the office. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cool about her knowing those personal things about you, sounds like the real deal.

    I believe in psychic abilities, I've witnessed it first hand.😄

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an interesting post about a very interesting woman! I know nothing of the psychic world and am amazed at those who can help locate people or other helpful things. I think her house is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She sounds very intriguing! What a lovely house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara sounds wonderful. I'd love to meet her. I hope you foot is getting better :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carol,
    I loved reading about Barbara! Her house looks fantastic! Well spooky!
    How are you? I hope your foot is improving!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.