Tuesday, December 6, 2016

IRW And A Bit Of Blogger Info

I have a habit.  I didn't set out to have it, but it just developed.  Around the first of the year I like to switch my look.  It's become an expectation of my friends and family.  I might decide to change my hair color...it's been about every hair color there is.  I definitely change the cut.  Do you know that some women I know have had the same style since the 70s?  I asked my daughter to give me the long layered look.  I can easily mousse and air diffuse and wallah...go.  That's where the IRW in the title comes in...In The Real World.

See that spot on my cheek?  It appeared about 3 years ago..about the size of a pin head and it's still growing.  My doc assures me it does not appear cancerous.  I had one about 30 years ago on my shoulder that I had removed just in case.  So  it's probably going to go to but I can't get into the dermatologist until May.  That's OK.

Don't you just love how Google mixes up your mind with changes to the Blogger platform and doesn't give you a clue on how to get where you want to go?  I wanted my new picture to appear in the "about me" gadget on my blog.  You used to go to design and change it there.  The blogger forum is totally useless in getting info.  So let me tell you where to find the fix, just in case you want to know before they switch it up again.

Go to your Dashboard. Click on the Settings link on the left. Go to User Settings.  See where it says User Profile and "edit" just below it?  Click there to switch your picture.

I have something else to share.  Those of you that quilt probably know this trick but when I read it on Chris Dodsley's Blog  it was one of those "why didn't I think of THAT" moments.  I am definitely going to use this technique when I quilt Laurie's quilt.

So this morning I am particularly grateful to the inventor of the internet.  I was introduced to it back in the mid 80s.  The first computer that I used at my job at that time was actually made in Gate's dorm room...really it was!!  I thought DOS was the best invention EVER!!  It made bookkeeping a dream. Look how far we have come.  Like everything it has it's drawbacks and dreadful users.  But I am so happy to be connected with the world through it from my little rural area in Northern Indiana.

Tell me just one thing you are grateful today...not family, home, or all the givens.
Much Love to all of my friends.

23 comments:

  1. Grateful that is is my day off from swimming. LOL.

    You can't get in until May? WTF? That is pretty insane.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol,lovely post,I am grateful for Xmas as I find it's so much fun and I love seeing the grandies faces light up when Santa has been xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked out the window and decided i'am grateful for all the wildlife that comes to visit me in my little neck of the woods... the birds, deer, squirrels... their antics really brighten my day ... the bucks chasing the does around and the does tucking tail saying no, no ,no way buddy... the squirrels taking a flying leap off the bird feeder when i walk out the front door because they KNOW they are not suppose to be up there... and the countless birds that visit the feeders... the bright red cardinals make me smile...

    Love your new hair style Carol. How wonderful that your daughter can do your hair!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new profile picture, Carol. Blogger doesn't make anything simple. My blog may never change LOL.

    I'll have to follow your link to Chris' and read the tip.

    I'm grateful to be able to work from home so I can take my lunch hour whenever I want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to get used to the new blogger platform in the past couple of weeks.

    Nice to see a new pic of your lovely self.

    What I am thankful for today ~ my Maytag washing machine, about 16 years old now and still doing it's job.

    Happy Christmas holidays ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was only wondering last night how I could add a photo, Carol! Did you have to use photoshop to prep your picture?
    I'm really grateful we have the Internet or we wouldn't be able to make so many lovely friends all around the world!
    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello~your new look is gorgeous-pretty lady! I am thankful for not having to travel this week till Friday. I am a home body, but family matters have made it so I had to do 100 miles 3 or 4 times a week for 5 weeks. I always felt tired, and had no time to just do nothin'! Things have settled down, and I can stay home most of the week now....
    I also got a new haircut, but I did it myself! I looked up a bunch of videos on YouTube about how to cut your won hair-I actually did a layered cut and I love it! My hair really was the same old same old...so I'm very happy I didn't botch it up too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got same spot in same place also had it removed and it grew back.
    Not cancerous thank God. Just call it a BEAUTY mark girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new cut-I have had the same hair "style" always lol so its just the Kathy look lol once in college I tried out a salon that was students-they ruined my hair by cutting it very short up to my ears when I asked to cut the split ends-when they did the first cut it was too late of course-I was sooooo insecure til my hair finally grew back in never again-I double check when I go in for a trim of the endings-which I am so in need of my beautician retired last year-sigh
    I am grateful for being alive-thankful every day for the opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hair is long and other than a trim now and then it doesn't really change. Sometimes I wear it loose, sometimes in a braid, but it's the same. One of my English students asked me if I had ever seen a barber. He meant had I ever had my hair cut. I thought it was a cute comment. Your new "do" looks good. I hate when there are changes to my blog set up! I liked the old way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, pretty lady! I like the new look. The shorter the better as we get older. I'm not likely to change my hair color now, but you have encouraged me to give in to having it shorter. Besides the givens, I'm grateful for living where we have four wonderfully different seasons. Cold is coming, and my husband said we should move south. I don't think so. I'm a Jersey girl through and through, and grateful for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am grateful for my TIVO! Get to watch my shows during the day while sewing and not have to deal with commercials! HA Thanks for tip on changing pic....like your new hairdo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm grateful for the rainy week that has helped with the wildfires, and has dampened everything to reduce the risk of more, but I'm also grateful that the sunny blue skies are out again today! Always good to change things up a little, but I am more the change-the-blog-header type. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm grateful to be sitting here reading your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you for changing your look every year. Wish my hair would do something other than be contrary. No matter what style I attempt (unless I use copious amounts of the dreaded hated hairspray) just ends up going the way it wants. I've finally made peace with it and just let it do it's own thing. I'm grateful for the beautiful fox that lives behind our building and often comes out so we can see him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am grateful for the internet, too. :) And books. It does frustrate me that Blogger and a few other sites move things around. Maybe it is good for my brain to have to re-train a little, but I prefer to know where to look for things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gratitude is one of my 'mantras' for the coming year. I have soooo many things to be grateful for but usually I concentrate on the small things - like one brief moment while I'm doing punchneedle I stop and give thanks or some small thing I see while taking my daily walks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a similar spot. It's an age thing. Love your new look! XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol, my best friend had a spot, was always told it wasn't anything to worry about. She went to another doctor after several years, just to make sure... turns out it was cancer. I think it's a good move on your part to maybe get rid of it... just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love, love the internet! It has opened up the world to me, and oh how I love the shopping! I had a similar spot on my nose (my Mom used to call them old man spots...LOL) I got mine taken off. Do it. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your hair looks lovely! Mine is the same as it was for most of the the 70s (when I was 4-14)! Longish and un-dyed with a fringe, though I've had other colours and styles in between. I enjoyed reading in your post and the comments about what people are grateful for. I am grateful to the owl that flew slowly over our pond this morning. So beautiful and graceful. We hear them all the time but it is unusual and a magical feeling moment to see them close up :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a merry Christmas and wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.