Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My Tree

My living room is 11 x 23 and filled with furniture.  Filled with chairs, really.  Add two patio doors into the mix and I can tell you I have a hard time finding space to add a Christmas Tree.  No, THIS is NOT my CHRISTMAS TREE!!  But this window is at one end of the room.  It's a spot that I like to decorate for Halloween which got me thinking about how much I love that the Halloween decor for it includes lights.

I was thinking that I would go outside and see if I could find an appropriate branch that I could recycle to be an indoor tree.  I didn't have much luck,

But when I walked through the Christmas display at Walmart, this "branch tree" caught my eye.  It's 48" tall wired with white lights.  It's not quite what I had in mind, but I brought it home anyway.

My Thanksgiving display is in honor of Indians.  I have a lot of Indian and Bison figurines in my home.  I added orange lights to the tree, my favorite Indian and a Buffalo (on the left).  I can turn either the white or orange lights off if I want, but I like them both on.  The vignette gives a soft glow on that end of the room.

I plan to leave the tree there until I need to have the air on and change the light color and decor with whatever holiday/event I am decorating for.

In case you wonder, we now leave the air conditioner in the window year round.  Terry is no longer able to remove and replace it.  We hate to depend on anyone else to do it.  I cover the front of the window with that shrink clear plastic which really does keep the cold air out.

This display reminds me of Thanksgiving and all that I have to be thankful for. I mentally enumerate them, ticking them off one by one with Terry and family always at the top. The list is never ending.

15 comments:

  1. I love this, Carol! Everything about it, and the idea to keep it for various holidays is wonderful. I always love lights, so welcoming especially in a window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your lighted branch Carol! So pretty... I think i saw that at Walmart too.. My daughter has one like it.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The branch tree fits perfectly! I too am southwest in our decor...always have loved Native American artifacts. Loved our visit out west and going to some of the tribe markets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent and festive idea, Carol. I love your Thanksgiving vignette and I'm sure the Christmas one will be equally as nice.

    It is always good to reflect on our many blessings and things we have to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) I am a sucker for fairy lights! Great ambiance at any time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created a beautiful vignette. I like that you honour Indians and Bison and contemplate the people and things you are thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol i think it looks awesome i love lights and this display is gorgeous,well done .

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's perfect! Very pretty. I don't bother with a Christmas tree anymore, but my daughter puts one up and I help with that. Have a nice day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too love this!!! What a fun thing to 'decorate' it (or not) for the various seasons -- sort of like bringing the outdoors in. Its beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great reminder to give thanks every time you see your display.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little tree. I have a corner in our kitchen, behind our table, where I have always had a large plant. The plant is now gone and the corner seems bare. I think a little tree with white lights would be the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a sweet post, Carol. I do love your tree-I'd like to find one, or find some branches to do the same thing. Also love your Indian and bison-they are beautiful. I need to remember to be thankful when I am stressed out about stuff-to just stop and think about all the times I could have had something much worse happen-or whatever the situation-and just how blessed I really am....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous idea! And it will make a great Christmas tree, too. Even if it isn't one right now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks great! I don't end up decorating hardly at all anymore. I like the idea of a year round decoration!

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.