Thursday, September 1, 2016

TA-TA, Farewell, Adios, Good Riddance


Yup, as I like to say Thank God and Greyhound you're gone.  That saying dates me.  It's from an old country song, when country was really country but that's a different story.

I have never been so glad to see the end of a month.  This has been a roller coaster ride.

After my FIL funeral, some family "difference of opinions" occurred that caused quite a bit of turmoil.  For me, I stayed out of it.  I have always believed that when it comes to our families, Terry rules his and I rule mine.  That didn't make the issues any easier to deal with.

Then, the wind blew in.  Not literally, actually.  50 MPH winds hit for just a few minutes.  But that was long enough to break a branch that was about 1/4 of an old Maple in the back yard.  You know, the biggest and best.  The one that the squirrels lived in.  Woodpeckers found food.  An my Orioles built their nest.  Our yard is 110' wide and the "branch" spanned the entire width.  Luckily it missed the house, our new patio table and chairs.  It took out the picnic table.  Somewhere under it is my sparrow trap.  It took out most of the fence we just put up last year around the pond area.

The birds were going crazy.  The squirrels were jumping from branch to branch.  Blue Jays, Nut Hatch and Cardinals were clearly upset.  And the mosquitoes...well that sought immediate revenge. I didn't notice THEM until that tree busted up.

So, off to Menards to buy a chain saw and new fence.  Luckily the boys will do the clean up and repairs because there is absolutely no way Terry can handle the task.

Oh, the dogs are happy.  They can just walk right into the sacred pond area. They just give us that Ha Ha look and look the other way.   Mutts.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm so happy you all and your house is safe.

    Family drama is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funerals can cause things to happen in families, I know from experience. Hope it will all settle itself out, eventually.

    Wow, that was one huge limb that came down. Glad it missed your home and patio furniture. Too bad about the new fencing getting smashed. Glad you've got some help with all of this.

    Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no...a beloved tree! Next spring and summer may find it filling in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my. I don't blame you for being happy to say good by to August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your tree; I hope it survives the damage. And the cost..... too bad money doesn’t grow on (the good 3/4 of) trees.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it does sound like August was a rough one for you... what a bummer. That strong wind always has me sitting in the hallway waiting for some catastrophe lol I am always surprised everything is intact when I go outside to look around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy September! Now August is over with, I hope your yard will soon be sorted out and that you have a happy rest of the year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the loss of the limb. Glad it did not hit the house though. And really glad you did not lose the tree. We lost the only tree in our immediate back yard when the house burned down, 6 years latter we still miss that tree. So I know how you feel. we have 3 old massive oaks in the front, they are looking a little rough. Ya know God made them so He must like them. So I'm praying for their restored health. I don't think there's anything you can't talk with God about.
    Have a beautiful day and enjoy the cooler air, Great for the boys to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to see the end of August too. It'll certainly be one I'll remember forever without much fondness. Thank goodness the tree branch missed your house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes!!!! You've been having a time of it. Living in 'tree' country I sympathize with you. Thank heavens it didn't hit the house or the new patio. Fall is coming, I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a rotten month you have had. Hop things improve a lot for you both in September.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh! As they say, it could always be worse but still....I've been following a lady down south that has lost everything in her house due to the flooding...I feel so bad for her and others that have lost everything. Glad you didn't have house damage and you are all safe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We hated August too. But yours was way worse-I hope things will turn around now and be wonderful! SO sorry about your tree:( It's terrible! Is there another tree the orioles can nest in?? I know that would put me in a panic....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not a good month for sure. The branch probably took everyone's minds off the family stuff for a little bit. I hope anyhow. Trying to find some good in it. That must be a very large tree! Our lots are about 50x100 so it would be bigger than our whole place! Hopefully insurance will cover it but money doesn't mean as much as all the work you put into the fencing to begin with. Hoping the birdies and animals have all settled back down by now and hopefully the family squabbles too. Time for the good memories to come forward instead of all the drama! Thank goodness your house is whole and you and the dogs weren't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow it is always something isn't it?? so glad it missed your home that is a huge plus-and do you have a fireplace or woodstove? got firewood now-if thats a plus
    we are into september and still hot and muggy here-ugh

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.