Sunday, May 29, 2016

Deal With It


How many times has someone said that to you?  Deal With It.  Or if no one ever has, how many times have you overheard it said?  Or saw it in a movie?  Lots I bet.

Well, for me it is an everyday mantra running through my head.  Every single day we have some situation or issue to deal with.  Big or small, no matter, things must be attended to.

On the small scale we had terribly dirty pond water to deal with.  For some reason this year it has been a lot harder to clear up.  Finally we flooded it out for about 24 hours and it was beautiful.  That was yesterday.  I can see from the window that it's not quite so clear this morning.  Hopefully it won't take long for the Muck Buster to do it's thing and whatever else Terry adds to the water.  We were enjoying watching the fish chase each other up and down the water way.  My favorite frog just enjoys sitting on the island I added last year.  He never moves while I work around moving rocks and weeding as I talk to him about whatever is on my mind.  I just love him.  You can see he has helped to create lots of babies that are getting bigger and I am enjoying watching them grow.  I sure don't know what I will do with them all if they make it!!  I suppose when they start developing legs I'll have to net them and cart them down to the river.









My daughter is tearing out a perennial garden in the front of her house.  Even though it's not transplant time we went ahead a took this ground cover that I hope will spread into the rocks we put around the pond on one side.  I was so happy to see this peony is surviving and blooming.  Peony are of my very favorite bushes.


the last and most serious issue I have had to deal with is realizing that it is time to say goodbye to Junior.  The other two dogs have been staying close to him whether he is in the house or outside.  Here they are laying in their favorite dirt spot, even though there is plenty of grass.  They love this spot that they created.  Junior has been one of the best dogs we have ever had.  I can't think of a time that he has done anything that made me mad.  I am grateful that this is not an emergency situation. It's just time.

Please don't comment condolences.  Junior has been struggling and I have made peace with the decision.














15 comments:

  1. Sometimes you have no choice but to "deal with it." I often delay dealing with it, to my eventual chagrin. This morning, I'm dealing with a few garden problems. Wish I had your pond and the charming, prolific frog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh your pond area is amazing. I would enjoy that as well. Yes that seems to be the "in" phrase. "Deal with it" We deal all the time hoping we played the correct hand right? The Peonies are just beautiful. Have a very wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the picture with the rocks and new ground cover plants, is that a snake at the top right of it? I understand completely about having to 'deal' with things constantly. It's the same here. Always something that needs fixing or replacing or someone is not well, it never stops. We deal with them as they come the best we can. It's a rare day that we get to do nothing but the run of the mill household jobs. Our choice though, we could just give it all up and go live in senior citizens community where all the yard work and maintenance gets done............but not yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why things seem to all happen at once is a mystery. Dealing with everything takes a lot out of us when that happens, but then better times always come afterwards.Your pond and plantings will be great! I'm at the point with our yard that I'll take anything, even weeds, as long as they are green. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pond is great!! And so much fun to see 'new life' with the frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean, always seems to be something doesn't there?! Sending you big hugs, love and healing for any issues you may still be having from the fall. The pond is wonderful, love your frog and those gloriously bright red goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pond is wonderful-do you have sitting area back there? what a nice spot to relax with crafts or a good book. dealing with it is part of life-that's for sure-hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pond is lovely :) I'm not sure I could deal with froggies though....don't they make a racket? (asks the city slicker :D
    A brave and wise decision xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pond is wonderful, and the life there is thriving. It's all a balancing act.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In our house we use the expression 'Suck It Up Buttercup' (better known as SIUB). Some days are more sucky than others, that's for sure. Thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's amazing to be able to see so clearly into your pond. And I love that you have a special frog to chat to whilst you work :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love frogs. :) How fun that you have one to visit with while you work in the pond. It sounds like we will both be hoping our transplants thrive. I went to scoop out some of our compost and discovered several pumpkin and sunflower plants growing. I transplanted a few of them and am eager to see how they do. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you are dealing with it just fine, my friend.

    I just love that you have a frog to keep you company while you work around the pond...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had any luck with a pond... I envy your determination to keep it up! Your transplants are doing well :-)-- I transplant all year long and find in the hot months that if I shade the newly transplanted for about a week-- they normally live a long healthy life.

    I know from recent personal experience about having to make the decision to help a dearly loved pet to "cross over." There are no words anyone can say that makes the decision easier... Anywho, enough about all that right? BIG HUGS... and a handful of chocolate too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not a fan of the phrase, "Deal with it!" Your pond is wonderful and I completely know the joy and rewards of a clean and active Froggy pond. I can also relate to the ills of a pond. Mr. C attended "Pond College" and then built ours. It is the one thing that truly brings me solace. And, YES!, I talk to the birds, fish, frogs, and Dragonflies that reside over and in our pond. Blessings on this last day of May. This year is going all too quickly.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.