Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Temperature Afghan Still Going Strong!!



I'm still going strong on this project.  I must admit that it is using MORE than my stash, lol.  I suspect I'll be making some other projects with these colors next year!  Do you see those yellow rows?  That is the 70 degree color.  Two 70 degree days in March!!  Those days were nice, but really having 70 degree out of season weather makes it kind of hard to face several days of temps in the 30s that followed.  Here it is April, and like a lot of you we faced snowy days last weekend.  But I suspect that pretty soon I'll be adding more colors to this project. I like that this is a year long project.  The fact that you stitch a row according to what the temp of the day is, you can't just keep going.  I have found it the easiest to wait a week or so then catch up. For me that's easiest since the colors change so often.

Storms blew across the South last night with baseball size hail causing so much damage in the Dallas area.  I have learned not to complain about the weather too much.  It seems if it is calm and peaceful here, someone else is suffering Mother Nature's wrath.

I hope the weather has been kind to you.  If you are in the storm area there are so many praying for you.

Be safe, Be happy and have a great day.

14 comments:

  1. This is such an interesting project, Carol. It is going to be fun at the end of the year to see it finished and all the colors that will be in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what temperature is the black or darkest color-this is such a nifty idea--our temperatures have been soooo up and down too-over the weekend we finally got some rain though-none of my veggie seeds are coming up in the little greenhouse bottles do to the cold nites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way your temperature project is progressing! We had a hail storm a couple of weeks ago and everyone in our neighborhood is needing a new roof! It was scary and fascinating. Our hail size was golf balls, can't imagine what baseball size would do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid idea working with temps! It put my imagination into full gear ... I wonder what *beaded* rows would look like for my climate? 50 shades of grey perhaps?! teehee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your afghan Carol! Such a wonderful idea. We have been spared the worst of the weather... We could use the rain... we got a little but need more. The storms split.. some going North of us , some going South of us and thats okay with me. I do like a good thunderstorm but they seem to go severe so often these days... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm what color will you use in July and August when we are all complaining about the heat and humidity? This is going to be a fun collection of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your afghan! It's going to be amazing when it's done. Hadn't heard about the huge hail storm (I guess it didn't make the news here, or if it did I missed it). My goodness - can't imagine hail that big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Carol, I'm assuming your getting the pretty weather this week too. There's some new colors for you. I'm anxious to see how the colors blend with a slow climb, or I should say hopefully a slow climb. Are you coming to any of the Derby festivities?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not realize about the storms!

    We have done had our AC on several times. And had heat on on some of those days, too. I wonder what onit would be like to have a row show both the high and the low of the same day. Might be interesting. I can sure see waiting a few days to sit and do the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great afghan in the making! I so want to make a colorful fancy granny square one! maybe what I should say is I want one... I dont want to make one. lol!
    I know I would buy all the yarn start it and never finish it!
    maybe someday I'll get truely inspired to make one.. or maybe I'll find one in a thrift shop! lol!
    have a great day
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  11. So will this afghan have 365 rows when it is finished? What size will that make it? It is such a wonderful recording of this years weather, I am certain it will be an heirloom for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This afgan gets more and more beautiful! I think April is our coldest month year but luckily also the driest and sunniest. I can hardly imagine baseball sized hail, although I do remember reading a long time ago in one of the Little House on the Prairie books about a man who was hit on the head and knocked out by a block of hail and his wife pulled him into the house by his feet! Ironically, we grumble about the weather as a national pastime but we really don't get anything worth talking about.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.