Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Boho Shawl In Progress and Other Stuff


Remember when I showed you a picture of a Bohemian Shawl that one of my blog friends was stitching?

After checking my yarn stash I found a few skeins and balls that fit the color scheme I wanted.  This is the start.  So far the top is about 18 inches across. I definitely didn't want a granny square look.  I started with a triangle of mesh stitching that I had to play with to get just the V angle I wanted.

I am dividing my stitching time between the Temperature Afghan, CQ blocks and this shawl.

I'm glad Easter is over.  Our family is pretty dysfunctional and holidays always lead to some kind of drama and this one was no different.  I slept almost all day Monday.  I thought maybe I was fighting off a bug, but now I am thinking that the holiday just zapped me.

Even though the weather is not cooperating very well, I try to go outside each day and do even just a little yard work. Today will be in the 60s and rain.  Then we will have yet another cool down with temps trying hard to reach the high 40s next week. It's a good thing I have stitching to keep me busy.

I continue to sort though closets looking for items to donate to my grandson's church rummage sale.  The more you go through things, the more things you realize you can live without. We have accumulated way too much stuff.

I am longing to look outside and see flowers blooming.  I am planning to fill my front deck with geraniums again.  I love to look at them and also their scent.  I AM going to cut back on our gardens.  Smaller areas and more bushes and mulch.  I will be 65 and Terry is 69.  His health keeps him from working outside much so I need to make out land more manageable. It's funny how much I resisted this change for the past couple of years and now I am embracing it.

Boscoe is going to the Vet on Friday.  Last year he weighed 106.  Sheila (our Vet) said she wanted us to try to keep his weight at about 100.  I am scared what the scale will say this year as he looks way more heavy to me.  In the summer we play the Run Boscoe Run game.  That's where I encourage him to run around the back yard several times until he gets tired..  Also, Boscoe and Tyson play hard in the summer.  Maybe I should switch his Vet visits to the Fall before he gains his winter weight!

Tell me what you are up to.  What are you looking forward to?  Are planning a vacation this year?  I would love to.  But Terry's health and living with 3 LARGE dogs pretty much limits us to day trips.

Have a good one!!

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl! The tulips and other spring flowers are starting to come up and the Cherry Blossoms are just starting here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol! This shawl is BEAUTIFUL! You kept saying "stitching" and I searched and searched for a clue as to whether it's crocheted or knitted. I'm guessing crocheted, is that right? Our Easter was quiet, kids scattered except for the one with our grandchildren who were away. That's a little dysfunctional for a major holiday, I guess. Definitely not the Norman Rockwell image. Lol! Doing things outdoors gets harder and harder, me at 72 and my Terry going on 75. Thankfully we live with woods all around, so there's not much to take care of. Each year our gardens dwindle in favor of things that grow on their own with no tending. No dogs here although Terry would like one, just our two kitties. I raised kids and dogs for decades, no more of either! ;))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the way this looks. I will be 64 in April and a few years ago I started cleaning out the clutter. You are right "we" have too much stuff. It is refreshing to get rid of things. Our weather sounds like your weather only we have the wind off the cold Pacific. The next few months are doctors doctors doctors. If feels like it never ends. I will be going to NC to see me daughter this year. My kids in Florida will drive up. Wishing you a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to June when we'll travel to be with our family - and meet the 2 new great grandsons! That is going to be wonderful. It will also take me out to my lovely desert and starry nights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Carol,
    I've just recently found your blog and I've been enjoying it.
    The flowers here are showing off their pretty selves.
    Yours will be there soon!
    What geraniums do you grow on your deck?
    I like rose and may get some this year.
    ~peace~love~joy~
    Birdie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound a little down my friend. I hope Spring comes along and picks up your spirit. I think we are all a little dysfunctional at times. Well you KNOW we are still working on the house.... Easter is just another day for us especially since we have no little ones near us to help us celebrate. :) Easter for us has always been about the bunny...The deer will keep my gardening to a minimum....I'am 48 and hubby is 57.... Our health is still pretty good but neither do i want to spend all my time gardening.... A little is nice and enjoyable but not when it gets out of hand. Its funny how our perspective changes in just a short time huh? We have no plans for vacations any time soon. Just had a whirlwind trip to TX to pick up a car and back...uuughh... no fun. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bohemian shawl is coming out beautifully. Nine work Carol. Yes we have accumulated too much as well. I freeze up knowing I have much to get rid of. No plans on vacationing as we have two dogs, tons of birds out back and we really just can't take off. I guess I'm where I'm going to be for the rest of my life. I always wanted to live in New Mexico but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. ::sigh:: looking forward to? Hopefully peace in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liking the start to your Boho shawl! I'm glad Easter is over, too. There really was too much going on: babysitting, a memorial service, friends and family. I'm accustomed to a quieter life and 5 days of activities was too much for me! Right now, I'm enjoying the first silent day in a while and that is a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I are planning a short camping trip up to northern Michigan later in the summer. We usually like to go for a week, but I'm studying this summer to take the Michigan Bar Exam, so our camping trip will be much shorter. Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shawl is looking great, Carol! I guess my family is dysfunctional too...my daughters don't speak to each other so both wont come to our place for any family celebrations at the same time. That's a good idea to make less work in the garden. What have I been up to? Been doing temporary paid work for the government for just over a month and that's tired me out completely...glad the work is finishing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shawl is looking wonderful - I love the colour choices you're using. I'm so sorry that your family seems to have issues - almost makes you want to avoid getting together doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Boho Shawl!! I love Boho style. This year I am planting more Hydrangeas I love them. Each year I have been adding but my Husband is the one who does the planting, I am not able to. Also I am still doing my spring cleaning but I think I just need to find another name for it because spring will be long gone before I am done. Have a great day my Beautiful friend.
    Peace and Blessings
    Cheryl...Snatch JOY~!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that Boho Shawl is going to be beautiful! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your shawl, it looks gorgeous! What I'm looking forward to is warm weather. We need it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your shawl is looking fabulous, love the colors. You are smart to be cutting back on your gardening, no sense frustrating yourself by not being able to keep up with all the work. I'm doing the same, less potted flowers. Geraniums are always easy and successful here too. I wintered mine over and they are already flowering. With 3 dogs here we don't go on trips either, at least not ones without the dogs. Hope you are enjoying spring.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry that Easter was difficult for you and your family. I hope that the turn in the weather (if we ever get it!), and the fabulous projects you're working on will bring you into a great place for the Spring <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous shawl Carol. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your good wishes for my husband 's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That shawl is so pretty! I have been going out to work in my yard as well...........there is always something that needs to be done and I feel I will never get done with it all. It is so hard to keep our pets weight controlled isn't it?? It is hard enough for us to manage our own weight.........sigh. I wish you much success with Boscoe. Have a beautiful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  19. you know Carol we used to do Church then eat out and visit family , both grandparents but they don't do that any more are at least our kids don't

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.