Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Temperature Afghan - January



Here is my progress on the Temperature Afghan.  Each row depicts the daily temperature at 3 PM.  I had to adjust my color graph somewhat. The yarns I am using are worsted weight that I have in my stash.   When got into the month, I realized that I had originally selected colors, but failed to be sure all were the same weight yarn.

Each row is single crochet in the back loop of each stitch.  I suspect that I'll have to buy more yarn of some colors as the year progresses.

Our January weather was pretty mild.  February will probably be more of the same colors.

It's hard to stitch one row a day so I have been listing the temps in a calendar in my journal so I can stitch several rows at a time in a catch up kind of mode.

Today is Ground Hog Day.  On Thursday our local weatherman is going to tell what his prediction for our Spring weather will be.  Do you think he is waiting to see if Phil sees his shadow?

19 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your afghan for the cold months!! It's really turning out pretty. You've inspired me but I have so much going right now that I need to stay focused on!! Keep us updated on your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason winter hasn't held the same appeal to me this year as it has in the past -- so I'm rooting for an early spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Carol! I'm intrigued by the band with the reddish speckles in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be not only beautiful, but a great record of an unusual winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very interesting project. I look forward to seeing it progress into the warmer months. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love your afghan. The weather has been pretty nice here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These rows are looking lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring on the spring!!! I stood out in the sun on the back deck yesterday. It was lovely except when the wind blew....brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This project tempted me, but I didn't get it rolling. Now I look forward to watching your progress, Gene. This is so lovely, and all so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops....just realized you are not Gene! Can only blame my recent eye surgeries. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea! are you supposed to do a row a day for a year according to the temperature? I should make an afghan. lol.. someday!
    have a great week
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the blues for winter temps. I would love to try this but I have so many other projects that I need to get busy on. Keep us posted on your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really a creative and different project-love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your colors look like winter! Wait, it IS winter! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilt is coming along quite nicely, colors are blending well so far. I'm anxious to see this finished. I've forgotten, does this go through the whole year?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so intrigued by this project - it's going to be fun to watch it unfold. Must admit I'm curious too, to know why the one band is so much different than the others? (btw - if some of your yarn is simply too fine, perhaps putting two or three strands together might give you something equivalent to worsted.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sure is pretty...can't wait to see the finished item.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.