Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Word - More or Less

At the beginning of the New Year lots of people choose a focus word to inspire them throughout the year. I have done that myself.  This year I  even saw a blog hop with a challenge to create a mini quilt based on your word.

From my experience, these "words" are much like New Years Resolutions.  You know what I mean.  At the beginning of the year you resolve to do something better and quickly forget that you did.  Good intentions sometimes die quickly.

So as the new year approached, the thought of selecting a "word" crossed my mind then quickly flew right through.  On second thought, how about a phrase.  Maybe a phrase, cousin to a thought, might be a little more lasting and gratifying.

I've been thinking about "MORE OR LESS".  What the heck does that mean?

I want to SEW MORE.  Which really means I'll watch TV LESS.  And actually spend LESS time with Terry because my sewing machine is in a different room than where he spends most of his time. (I could sew while he naps.  That would give me an hour or two.)

I want to  WEIGH Less, which really means I'll EAT MORE healthy, low calorie food.

I want to SAVE MORE money, which translates to SPEND LESS.

See, you get the idea.  Less is More and More is Less so this year I chose a phrase, More or Less.


1.  Sew MORE so I will have LESS fabric stash.
2.  Embroider MORE so I will have LESS stress.
3.  Crochet MORE so I will have less yarn stash.
4.  Comment MORE on blogs to promote MORE friendships.  OOPS! More is More.

What this is really about is this.  I will have a MORE healthy mindset by using More and giving MORE which means I will have LESS but get MORE.

What do you think?  or as my favorite niece would say:  How do you like me now!!  I love it when she says that!!

Happy New Year.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, now that is really neat!!!

    Happy 'more or less'.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! and wish I would have of it. I don't do new year's resolutions either and I have seen on here different friends choosing a word as their focus--but I love your concept much better-and a mini quilt-perhaps turned into a pillow or a placement would be an excellent reminder during the year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now throw "more mindfulness" in there, and it will be perfect. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number 4 because more friends is always nice when its more and more and more. Are we going in circles here? *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your words are a great way to look at life! I can't think of a single word as I want it all and the moon too...hahaha.
    Actually I want just enough, can I have 2 words?
    Have a Great Year!, more or less. L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really good post. I like you now and then. More or Less. I love you outlook on that phrase. Never thought of it like that. I don't do resolutions, or words for the year. Like you said they are short lived. I try to take an experience, good or bad and try to apply the lesson to my life. Either way 2016 will be a good year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it!!! :) I have don resolutions for years and then i climbed on the one word band wagon for a couple years.... this year... I guess you could call it a phrase like yours...? Mine is just to live my life to the fullest. and i hope throughout the year i will stop and ask myself.. ' Am i living my life to the fullest?' and hopefully i can answer YES!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your take on the more or less. Hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol I really like your phrase and how it works both ways. I am also doing more with what I have and doing less mindless activities which leaves me more time to do more good. Blessngs for 2016...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came here from Rose's blog. I like your phrase for the year. Good phrase and clever! I think a lot of us need just that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this one - should adopt it myself. I haven't done 'a word' and resolutions are a lost cause with me. I suppose, if I were to have any sort of resolution it would simply be to continue to work at reducing my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a really clever phrase ! I love how you've interpreted it :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.