Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Thank You and Other Stuff

As the year winds down I am reflecting on the last year and all the events and drama that occurred.  There is so much to be thankful for, but way too much to list here. Besides, some of it is private.  You know, the things you keep to your secret self.

I recently met a new blog friend, Dawn.  We have some things in common and she gives me a lot of insight on a situation I rarely talk about.  She recently did a post about bloggers she has known that have decided to stop blogging.  Some just fall off and never say goodbye.  so this is a big thank you to all of my blog friends. Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself and your life, your loves and even your dislikes. No matter what your reason is for blogging....Thank you.

Our weather has been so great...almost balmy at temps in the 50s and no snow.  Thank you Mother Nature for a break on our heating bill which was almost unaffordable LAST year.

Thank you Corey for decorating my front deck with Christmas lights.  I can't tell you how much I like, no LOVE, Christmas lights.

Have you seen the advertisement on TV for the Star Shower Laser Light?  It's a flood light kind of thing that shines little lights where ever you point it, usually on your house.  I thought it was a cool idea when I saw the commercial, but determined I didn't think it was worth $40.  Well, the neighbor across the street bit and it's out there shining on their house...I think.  The lights are tiny and you can barely see them.  I'm glad I didn't get one and Terry says if I had, I would have taken it back.

I've been going through closets, boxing things we don't need or clothes that don't fit.  I also boxed a lot of clothes that I know I will never wear.  Things I used to wear to work etc.  My grandson was collecting them for the homeless and for a church rummage sale.  It was amazing to see a large car trunk load of boxes move out the door.  How the heck was all that stuff stored in closets that still look as full as they did before I took stuff out of them.  So, thank you Carol, for finding another use for items we don't even miss that someone else can use.

I'm still stitching.  My next post will be to show my finished Queen of Hears block.

8 comments:

  1. You've been a busy lady lately!! Something about a new year coming that always makes me want to 'organize' or 'reorganize' sort to get a head start on the year. Its sort of fun because I always find some little thing I'd forgotten that I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning, I have been trying to catch up with friends this morning here in blog land. Thank you for stopping by my blog. They want to go car shopping after my oldest gets in for Christmas. They(my kids)are going with me because they don't want mom taken advantage of. I will be glad when all of the paper work is done. I don't have quite the wild life I had before all of the houses were built around us. I do see the occasional deer and other animals. Grandsons are a big help to us. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog friends are wonderful, aren't they?

    I love Christmas lights outside but we do not have any this year. We are replacing our landscaping around the house so there really isn't to decorate but I am looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog and I'm glad you still post. This was a great post, too, by the way. We have one of those star showers, but haven't even gotten it out of the box yet. I saw one last year and it was pretty, though not very bright.
    Have a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather has been great, too. In the 70's and not especially Christmas-y, but so pleasant. Funny how we get the urge to get rid of stuff around this time of year. Even before the New Year, we tend to think about purging. Good for you, Carol. I'm doing a little purging myself, but most will wait until after Christmas. I've been sending my kids some of the things I've found recently: loose pictures when they were small and a letter Amelia sent to her grandfather that I found when we cleaned out the house after his death. They made me smile, and I know the girls will love receiving them in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I began blogging all those years ago it was only going to be a means to keep my kids up to date on what I was working on in my little sewing room. It still amazes me that people like you (and so many others) actually want to come and read my mumblings and many take time to leave comments too. I never would have dreamed any of this would happen.
    About those little lights - there are some that come with dire warnings that you are not to point them skyward because they do awful things to air traffic. Scary thought!
    Cleaning closets must be in the air because we just got finished doing ours too. Installing a nice new closet rod means we can now hang more of our clothes that were stuffed into drawers, but there was a lot that got gifted to the thrift store too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go through spells of what I call decluttering...anything from clothes we don't wear to greeting cards I have saved. Like you I am always amazed at how much stuff has left this house and we don't even miss it.

    I noticed you were from Northern Indiana...I am from West Central Indiana...maybe 5 miles or so from the Illinois border. We come up to Shipshewana every few years...not so much to shop as to see the country side. And we go fishing at the Ontario Mill Dam...

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.