Saturday, November 21, 2015

Lunch with Biggy Papa


You may remember that I mentioned that my Father in Law has cancer.  At 91 years old, he is fighting it, but the chemo has been pretty hard on him.  It was pretty touch and go for a while with medications conflicting with each other.  For the past couple of weeks he has felt pretty good.  We were surprised when he said he wanted to go out to eat.  He wanted fried chicken from Das Essenhaus in Middlebury.  So, all of his kids that were available met at the restaurant.  My FIL is the second one from the back on the left.  The group was Terry's mom and dad, two brothers, two sisters with one brother in law.  The first guy in the front on the right is my brother in law Jerry's life long friend Frank.  Friends since kindergarten and one of the group when the three brothers were kids and always together. My grandson Ky came too.  It was a great time and we are just so happy that my FIL feels good and wants to make this a monthly outing.  A moment to be Thankful for.

15 comments:

  1. This is so awesome and indeed a day to be thankful for
    The year before my Mom's dementia progressed to severe-my brother, his wife, and I went out to this same restaurant and enjoyed a fabulous meal-and we all ate pie which we never in the past had indulged ourselves on-I remember that dinner often-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful gathering for your family and especially your FIL.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice group and I'm sure this trip meant the world to him!
    Have a nice weekend and stay warm!
    Cindy
    www.countrycitycindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice that he felt well enough to go out Carol. Hubs father had lung cancer at 92. He fought it with chemo for about 4 months. The disease is hideous and so is the treatment. I'm not sure what i would do if i was in my 90's.... Big Big hug for you Carol. deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely that you could spend this fun time with family -- honoring your Father in Law. This probably did more good for his health than anything else could do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had this good time with your FIL! Those times are precious!

    Have a lovely Thanksgiving week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! Something to be thankful for indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like family! And to arrange a get-together monthly will do everyone good!!! Glad your FIL is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. enjoy the memories you all create with heart....such a warm gathering ...I could feel it Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks as if your fil has a great legacy to his credit! There are so many older people who have no one left to love and honor them, so it is always nice to see generations of family having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's great. He's got back a zest for living! Glad you could all gather with him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This must be the icing on the cake for your thanksgiving this year.
    So glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is wonderful you were all able to get together like this! I'm sure it meant a lot to your FIL.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is wonderful! I wish your FIL many more monthly meals surrounded by you all :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.