Thursday, November 12, 2015

CQJP 2015 Block 8


 Here is block 8 for the 2015 Crazy Quilt Journal Project.  I have a rather large collection of various frog items that have been bought or gifted to me.  I LOVE frogs.  They are one of my Totem Animals always reminding me to be humble, take joy in simple things and to protect our planet.  Frogs never sit on the lily pads in our pond, but they do hug the sides or hop out for a bit of sun.  You just never know where you will find them.  I am always so glad that they never feel the need to hide when I am near.

When I saw Lisa Boni's August block I fell in love with her field of daisies. I wanted to try them on this block.  They match perfectly with the flower in the focal fabric.

I'm hoping the project will continue another year.  It creates the inspiration to stitch everyday and provides a focus.  Thank you Kathy Shaw.


14 comments:

  1. Lovely stitches Carol! We love frogs too!
    We always have to be careful when we go down our garden to the shed which is adjacent to our pond because there are newts and frogs which sit about and we almost tread on them.
    By coincidence just yesterday evening, my husband had to usher away a smiling frog that was sitting on the step of the shed!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frog block is cute and happy!

    I've been a follower of LIsa's for some time now and am always inspired by her beautiful creations. There is so much to learn.

    Happy stitching ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love frogs. This little guy is so cute. I really like all the stitching on this block too.
    Have a fabulous day today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! The blue and green is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, SWEET! I love the way the crazy block seems like an illustration for a children's book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this design. We have lots of frogs here -- but I don't think they like me. No matter how quietly I tiptoe toward the small pond as I get close I hear plop, plop, plop and they are nowhere to be seen. I love the colors and fabrics you've chosen for this design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like frogs too. When I was a kid on the farm I would always scoop up some tadpoles from the pond and bring them into the house so I could watch them grow. I was always so fascinated by the process and by the teeny-tiny little frogs (or maybe they were toads) that magically appeared.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely block. The frogs are very cute and your embroidery is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You continue to do beautiful work and this frog block is especially sweet with the sentiments behind it. I know there are lots of frogs around here, I hear them frequently, but I rarely see them. Glad you get to see them since they are so special to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful block! I love the whimsy of the frog fabric mixed with the embroidered stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popping back to thank you for linking up to this week's Stitchery Link Party! Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore frogs! Your block is SO cute! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute block Carol! Whenever i see your work, I keep telling myself that I need to do more blocks!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.