Thursday, September 24, 2015

CQJP May 2015

 I did a little switch gear on my CQJP.  You may remember that I was working on blocks to accompany the Princess On A Pea Panel.  However, I get easily bored and wanted a change in colors to stitch.  I also wanted a switch in block shape and have wanted to try hex for a long time.

Also being part of this project has made me realize that I want it to actually be a journal about me, exploring my thoughts, likes, maybe dislikes, and becoming proficient in stitching a variety of stitches. 
I am following TAST on FB, though I don't post there and also Sharon's blog.  I may not incorporate each stitch in a block, but I will definitely use the group as inspiration  to further my stitch skill.
 The center focal of this block is my "quiet place".  When I can't sleep, I quiet my mind and body and put myself on this beach and feel the stress fall from my body and the thoughts about the Crazy Train flow from my thoughts leaving my spirit to relax on the beach and listen to the waves lap the shore.

However, out there in the water lurks that under water Sea Serpent...waiting to claim his next victim. I escaped him once when I was 13 and almost drowned.  I don't fear him, but I do respect him.
 


There are many stitchers that create wonderful vines.  I love stitched vines and have a tremendous desire to become proficient in creating them.  I am not a person that likes to practice, but I do realize that practice makes perfect and I certain hope to improve with each block.

Most seams in this block started with cross stitch, mostly because I wanted the practice of using templates to mark stitch guidelines.





Here is a better vine.  I also wanted to give a palm tree a try, but didn't really want to stitch an entire tree.  I think these look like palm fronds and I like them a lot.

At the finish of this block, I felt so, accomplished.  I know which is the first seam and first motif and I know that my skill progressed 100% before I reached the last of each.

What have you done recently that made you feel really good?  Have you mastered a new skill? Started a project you have been wanting to begin?

14 comments:

  1. Great block and wonderful progression.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing just great with your stitches. I like this square. You inspire me.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, posted a comment but it doesn't say it was saved. Let me know if you got it. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and sunny block! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colors. All that yummy oeange! Your stitching is lovely too i very much like the blue chevron stitch with the yellow flowers. Might have to steal that one for myself!😊
    Its good to see you atitching again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful -- not only in the way it looks but what its done for you while you were completing it. My last 'journey into the unknown' was to make birds. It worked and I loved seeing each one as I took the very last stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so enjoy seeing your hand work!!! This hex piece is coming along perfectly! And to hear the story behind each stitching segment is very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't mind spending some time on that beach too, but I won't be going in the water (can't swim). Great block!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol, I am visiting you from Super Mom - No Cape's Stitchery party.

    That's a very clever idea, using cross stitches as grids, and I think your vines look great! Lovely stitching, Carol.

    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty block. I loved the story behind it. The beach is my happy or quiet place too. It is where I am happiest and the most at peace in the world.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.