Monday, July 20, 2015

Stitching for ME again


If you know me, you know that my family is full of crazies.  That's why I call it the Crazy Train.  The key quilt I am making is for my daughter who is in a mood swing and is not talking to me.  It was hard to stitch in that situation, so I have put it aside to get back to the CQJP15 blocks.

I was getting a little bored with the Princess On A Pea theme.  I need happy thoughts.  I have always wanted to make Hexie CQ blocks.  I bought a Hexie ruler that allows you to cut different size hex shapes using the same kind of slots that the fringe rulers have.  Due to my preoccupied mind, I had a little difficulty using the correct slots to make the size I wanted.  What a DUH!! moment.
Anyway, I'll be working on different theme hex shapes for a while.  There will be a Queen of Hearts because I LOVE the Queen of Hearts. So much so that I have a QOH tattoo on my arm.  I also want to try a hex shape in landscape piecing.  I'll be gathering fabrics today to get the shapes pieced.

Don't be sorry for me about my daughter.  We were pretty close when she was small, but the teen years brought a rift that has  been an undercurrent ever since.  Things work out eventually but I must admit that I ...I hate to say the word...envy..mothers that have fabulous relationships with their daughter.  I no longer blame myself except maybe for the mental illness that runs in my family. I am lucky that I have found medication that works. AND glad that it is no longer a taboo subject.

4 comments:

  1. I won't be sorry for you Carol but i can commiserate... :) the next time my daughter doesn't speak to me i'm going to call it a 'mood swing' too!! lol i like that! I tend to not do or say anything right..... and it did begin in her teen years before that we were like two peas in a pod and there are times i miss that camaraderie .... Most of the time i imagine it IS my fault... we are just opposite in so many ways... I communicate best in letters and such and she hates mail and she loves to talk on the phone and i hate to talk on the phone... uuughh i could go on.. lol I tend to speak my mind... and i hate having to walk on eggshells just to not make her mad... I find it difficult to keep my opinions to myself or what i think of as my 'wisdom'... I would like her to benefit from my mistakes.... I use to take all this quite hard and beat myself up over our poor relationship...but in the end i'am who i'am... I do my best... I love her to the moon and back and who go to the ends of the earth for her and she knows that..... i would never lie to her even if its something she doesn't want to hear...those are valuable things in this crazy life...... I know she loves me and she knows i love her and in the end thats enough....although like you i do envy mothers and daughters that have wonderful relationships.. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to quilt for you for a while. It does help to clear the head when thinfs go south, doesnt it.
    Being estranged from your parents or the other way around is hard. Its a little piece of your heart that is just aching or broken and it turns everything a little blue.
    I find for me bright colors favorite activities and music helps. Then when the storm is over the sky is bright again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have commented twice, lost the, argh! Just wanted to say you and Kathyinozarks should compare hexie notes. Keep on keeping on, Carol. Things do get better. Life is hard, kudos to you for seeing a half-full glass and for being thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know the age of your daughter and have to assume that she no longer lives at home. Sometimes I think it takes maturity to have a good mother/daughter relationship. I know mine with my mother improved once I became a mother myself. Hopefully things will improve soon for you Carol, but in the meantime spending time doing things you enjoy will help.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.