Monday, June 1, 2015

Finding Peace from Within



I have always been a passionate person.  A fight to the death for what I believe in kind of person. When I was just 20 years old, a man that I had a great deal of respect for advised me that I should pick my battles and that I should realize some things could just not be changed.

I was young then, but I took his words to heart. We lived through some rough times and I prayed a lot.  Some years later I found The Serenity Prayer.  It has become my motto in life. But I never knew there was a long version.

Today I am reminded to see someone I love as they are, and not how I want them to be.

9 comments:

  1. I never knew that there was a long version. Thanks for sharing those pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to rise above your frustrations -- very good advice from your friend. Looks like you might have already known 'quietude' even without knowing the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a challenge, to see someone we love as they are, not as we want them to be. That's a very tough challenge. So, re-framing that thought with a positive spin instead might help -- if we already love someone, they must be OK as they are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this version...new to me. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, gosh...I didn't know there was more to the serenity prayer either!!! Thanks for sharing!! I'm going to clip the pic and save it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise words, good to take them to heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never seen the long version either (never knew it existed). We have the short version on a plaque on the wall in our living room....always have liked the words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a sign of strength. knowing and understanding our limitations, acceptance, knowing when some things are best left (and knowing which ones to get involved with). it is a beautiful prayer.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.