Saturday, April 4, 2015

February CQJP2015

Here's my February CQ2015 Block.

There's a lot to learn in CQ.  Even when you take a class..even a wonderful one like Kathy Shaw's, you still have to put what you lean into practice.

There are some techniques she taught that I didn't remember until I got into trouble.  I tore some stitches out, but mostly I left the errors I made in seam choices.  This entire project is a learning process for me.

I really like the colors in this project...remember it goes with my Princess on a Pea panel.

I'll start the next block this weekend.  It might be one of my favorite pieced blocks.  It has tiger print!

11 comments:

  1. Pretty quilt block! Hapy a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! I love the pinwheels and your spiral. The colors are I want to fall into them lovely and your double chevron is wonderful! I like the way you tossed the blue & yellow around it gives your eye something to follow. Great job! I can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, this is gorgeous! I love how you've used the fabric to do some embroidery flowers.....and the swirly beading....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, these are so delicate and beautiful! I don't believe you can do anything wrong with this. I mean, if you like it , it's all good. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are really no mistakes in CQ - your own style will develop as you go along. If there's a problem with a seam, it's generally easy to cover up with an applique, a charm, or a piece of jewelry. Your block looks great - the colours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the beaded swirl you have added!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! The colors are striking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work, Carol - am especially fond of that beady bit in the center ;>]]
    And what a scrumptious color palette !

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is another beautiful block. I'm enjoying seeing all the different stitches you are using :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I love the colors and the way you've placed the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your block and the rich colors - very beautiful!!! keep on stitchin! Mary

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.