Wednesday, April 29, 2015

CQJP March 2015



Here it is the end of April and I am sharing a picture of my March block.  But that's OK.  I'm a little behind, but I have been steadily stitching.  Though this is only the 3rd block I have done, it has been easier going.

When I started stitching CQ, I worried that I would never learn which needle to use with which thread.  But as with everything, with experience comes knowledge.

I also took time to make better templates.  The first set I made following Kathy Shawl's instructions that were given to students in the Beginning CQ class.  I also have Kathy's book. I used Kathy's templates again, but I bought a small punch and proper plastic.  I can tell that after I am better acquainted with a larger variety of stitches, I will become more comfortable using the templates that I have accumulated from more experienced stitchers.  Oh, and even though I have more floss than I care to admit, I already want to accumulate more for shiny applications.

Even though this project is supposed to use laces and ribbon embroidery, for now I'll be sticking to flosses and stitched motifs.  There are some bugs up in the left corner crawling around on that poor tiger's coat.  They got me looking for bugs to embroider.  I can see there is so much on the stitching horizon for me.

I took the picture of the block while standing in front of the patio window in the living room.  There is something about that window that draws the critters.  Remember when I posted the frog that came to greet us?  Well this little guy made himself comfortable and seemed to be watching to see what I was up to.  Maybe I'm just a critter magnet!!




Have a really great day!



















10 comments:

  1. You have a very cute audience, Carol! Our squirrels are all gray. I like the touch of gold on this one. Isn't it funny with embroidery, indeed any kind of stitched and beaded embellishment, the more that's done...the more we see to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another really gorgeous block, Carol! I love how that blue just pops on your fabric choice! Did you sign up for Kathy's new class? I missed the sign up date

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool Carol! i just love this! one of these days i may need to give something like this a try... Love that squirrel! hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, that squirrel is a hoot! I showed my hubby when you posted on FB! Now...your embroidery is BEAUTIFUL! You are doing a great job!! I am so impressed!!! The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep on with the great work - I do not use very much lace but lots of embroidery floss and some perle cotton - our squirrel takes the bird feed!! hubby always chasing him off but he comes right back. aren't you glad you started crazy quilting? mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt block -- your color combinations are striking. What a cute squirrel - he looked like he was warm and trying to cool off. Oh, and one can never have enough embroidery floss *smile*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is gorgeous. I'm enjoying your stitching journey. And the little chap on the deck is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours you used on your block - it's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! I love these colors and the stitches you have used. You are doing some amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, Carol, I'd say you were born for crazy quilting. And that is pretty neat, you may have found a niche you love! I just love all the crazy stitching on this block, well done. Did you post this one in the Google + Crazy Quilting community?

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.