Saturday, January 24, 2015

Grow Your Blog



Welcome to my cyber home.  This is my second year participating in the Grow Your Blog hop.  Last year I made several new friends that I frequently exchange emails with.  I'm so glad that Vicki offered the hop again this year.

When you meet someone, it's nice to know a little about them...just to see if you have anything in common.  So, I'll tell you that I have been married 43 years, lived in the same house almost as long, have 1 daughter, 2 grandsons (17 and 19) and three dogs. I love birds and enjoy watching them visit our feeders. I entice the Blue Birds, tolerate the evil English Sparrows and  dote on all others especially Crows.

My blog is just like my home...eclectic.  This is where I share a little of whatever I am thinking about except politics. My interests include my family (including my 3 dogs) and my home and yard including our fish pond and garden. We always seem to be in some stage of redoing both inside or outside.  I have creative interests besides the garden and critters...some may call them hobbies...are sewing, embroidery, crochet and beading.

My husband and I have been retired for a year.  Honestly, it took that year to adjust to not having a specific place to be at a specific time.  We lost a little momentum last year, but the creative juices are flowing again.  I hope you will come back to visit.  I love comments and reply to all. That's how you build friends, isn't it!?!

This year I will be participating in the Crazy Quilt Journal Project.  I'm new to crazy quilt so the challenge of embellishing a block a month is welcome.  Also, I met Madame Samm last year and will be participating in some of the quilting blog hops she has organized.  Madame Samm has also started organizing cross stitch hops.  I did cross stitch years ago, and I'm sure it will find it's way into my stitching this year because she has inspired a renewed interest. I most always add beads in some way to my stitching.  I don't know where else this year will take me, but I'm sure I'll be stitching.

How 'bout you.  How does YOUR blog grow?

20 comments:

  1. Ah, dear old blogging friend! I'm glad you and others I know are doing this. I try o limit my computer time, so am not tempted, but I know I'm missing good things. Enjoy them and every new friend for me! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with Grow Your Blog. I too signed up for it but haven't done a post yet. Enjoy the Crazy Quilt Journal Project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, so pleased to meet you. It's ages since i've done any crazy quilting. I'm going to pay Madamme Samm a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Carol, and welcome to the party. I love quilting too, and am getting ready to make a crazy quilt purse with wools-then get my book out and learn some stitches. I have been retired for awhile now and loving it. I am one of Vicki's helpers and so glad you joined in the fun.
    Kathyinozarks (Kathy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol,

    You would love the colony of crows in my neighborhood. :) Anyway, how nice to meet you. May I ask where you live? It must be a place where you can watch lots of birds for sure. By the way, have you watched the movie The Big Year? I have a feeling that you might enjoy it. :)

    Do you share photos of your dogs? I would love to get to know them.

    Lots of greetings from Munich, Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to join you at the party! I always enjoy my visits here!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to following you this year to see where your creativity and stitching take you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi i am a quilter from Ga. visiting from Vicki's blog and now following

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun to learn a little bit more about you through this post - and so glad to know that you're being assimilated into my crazy quilting world! Enjoy the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello dear friend I do intend to also come back to regular blogging and enjoy our reintroduction!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

    So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    Happy crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol, Stopping by on the GYB party hop. It's such fun isn't it, to find new blogs and friends. Hope you're enjoying it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Carol....I can't wait to see your CQ blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) I've been married for 43 years, too! Funny, to think that the majority of one's life has been spent in tandem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carol, I enjoyed hearing about your life and interests. Enjoy the blog party. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from the GYB hop. I like eclectic! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have heard about GYB and I will go check it out. I love to come and visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just popping in to say "Hi" Carol. It's always fun to visiting here and I'm sure your new friends will feel the same way too! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi from another Carol. I am still visiting blogs from the GYB. There are a lot to get to but I am enjoying the journey. I see you are interested in crazy quilting and I am thinking about getting involved in that. Oh no another activity. Anyway I am now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.