Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Crazy Quilt Embellishment Class WIP


This is my block as it is now.  I made some mistakes, mixed up some seams, but I didn't stress over it.  As it is now, I see one seam that I may have to change before Kathy approves me to move on to the 1st ribbon assignment.  I didn't really see it until I posted the pic.  Not one to want do-overs I'll wait to see what Kathy thinks.

I have pieced blocks before, but never embellished seams.  I found it to be very relaxing.  I'm eager to work on blocks that I have created and seams treatments that I select. Eager to try more stitches on more colorful fabric.  I'm eager for more assignments and hopefully another class.  If I had a bucket list, this art form would be at the top.

10 comments:

  1. Oh good, (rubbing hands together in glee) the assimilation is working!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitches look really nice. I started with TAST 2012, but got behind, and that was the end of that. Some stitches were difficult too and would definitely take practice. Maybe another time I can get back into that.

    Way to go girl!

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the fact that you are enjoying yourself shows in every stitch!! Just love this Carol!Hugs!deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Carol! This is nothing short of stunning! Taking a class can make all the difference. In addition to learning, it can provide motivation and feedback. Both are so important to keeping one going sometimes. I think you may have found your thing! Simply beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous. I don't see anything wrong with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! And you are just beginning? What a wonderful journey this will be. I especially love the stitches that resemble grass tufts and the ones that look like jacks. Very nice work. I was just gifted with a wonderful DVD by Jean Littlejohn and Jan Beaney titled In Stitches. I think there will be more stitching going on in my house in the future! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "excellent!" we've got you now my pretty!
    I don't know what it is about crazy quilting but it brings out the magpie in all of us ;)
    your stitching is lovely, I can't see where the "wrong" seam is looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very good Carol. You are really getting into this form of art. Awesome.:) Enjoy your weekends. Watch a funny movie, it will have you in stiches. tee hee- get it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. The block looks beautiful and I can almost feel the joy with which you stitched. I don't see anything wrong with the seams!!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work! I too love crazy quilting! They are hand stitches ar'nt they...I had to look twice! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.