Saturday, July 19, 2014

Crazy Quilt Class Supplies




The first assignment for the Crazy Quilt Embellishment class is to gather supplies.  Kathy gave us a list of what we will need.

I have just about everything I need in my stash already.  I'm glad of that because one think I want to do as much as I can is use my stash in every project I pursue.





Here are the frame, ribbons, threads, and other embellishments that I have chosen.

Kathy will look at my choices and make any necessary suggestions.  I'm so glad to have this kind of guidance.  Lots of times I start a project that turns into something very different than I envisioned which is sometimes NOT the direction I should have taken ~lol~  Think Glamorous Spirit Doll and you'll see what I mean in just a few days..REALLY LOL.

Anyway, this is the beginning of a long friendship. Me and Crazy Quilt.....

12 comments:

  1. Pretty colors of ribbon and threads. Will be very nice.
    I don't have the book of Kathy's , tell me what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you'll have! Can't wait to see what you end up creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Another one is being assimilated!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting the beginning of a new project and learning new things. Kathy does excellent work and is sure to be a great teacher. Sorry I missed out on jumping in the class.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila
    I am I haven't done much seam embellishment, but one thing I like about Kathy's book is she shows many ways to use the templates for more elaborate stitches. I have a set of plastic templates that I got from Carol Samples and a couple of others saves having to print paper copies. Kathy's book is a great reference book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very interested in seeing how this all turns out. I like the stash and supplies. Keep posting about it.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so going to love this class. I took it in the spring. I had never done anything like it before and I found it very creatively satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to seeing what you make of these lovely supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beads and birds in your box! Now where have I heard that before? ;) keep us posted, it's a beautiful pursuit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got some bright colors to work with. I love adding lots of color. I started a bedspread several years ago and got derailed. It was going to be a washable and pet-proof version with most things sewn on by machine. Never got it done as my machine malfunctioned and now I just don't seem to get back to it. I wish you much better stick-with-it-ness than I had. Most of all, just enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah quilting - the one thing I had to give up because there were just not enough hours in the week. I cannot wait to see how yours turns out!

    ~.~

    T

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you keep us posted on your progress . . . quilting is on my bucket list. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.