Saturday, January 18, 2014

This Is Bosco

 This is Bosco the first day he came to live with us.

He was a Christmas present for Terry and Me from Corey and Brandi.

We are not sure what mix he is.  His father was a Boxer and the mother was mixed and kind of small.

He's a stocky little boy with a long body.
He is playful and a good biter!!

See!  Look at those biters!!!

These two play really hard.  Did you know that dogs learn they are biting too hard when their brothers or sisters cry when they bite each other when they are playing.  Their cry tells the biter to lighten up.

Bosco is not vicious.  But if you are playing with him and his tooth catches you, you sure know it!  Tyson has the wounds to prove it, too!

Bosco loves the snow...Tyson not so much.




At night and when we go away, Bosco sleeps in his "house".  When we are home, his door is left open.  He squirms around so much while he sleeps that he always ends up sleeping next to it.  Bosco and Junior get a long really well.  Junior came to take a nap with Bosco.  I love to see them together.  Tyson is more, shall we say excitable, so Junior usually hides from him.                                                                                             

When Bosco first came to live with us, he used to hide from Tyson under this small table.  They would play with Tyson's fox like this.  It was pretty funny.  It was Bosco's Safety Zone.



Here they are...Best Buds.  This is a recent picture.  Look how much Bosco has grown. I estimate 30 pounds at 3 months.  When Bosco was just little, Terry would lower the recliner foot rest (it's motorized) and ask Bosco if he wanted a ride on the elevator, then he would raise him up to sit on the chair together.
I suspect they won't be able to do this much longer!
                 One thing leads to another!!

One day when Corey came home from work I told him I had taught Tyson a new trick and showed him this picture on my camera.  I told him I had taught Tyson to stand facing the wall when he was bad.  Actually, this is where Tyson goes when he comes in from the snow.  He is standing in front of our heater.  We have baseboard electric heat.

So, that's the update on the pups. They are both totally housebroken and obey well to commands.
Bosco is definitely the Alpha dog between him and Tyson but Junior trumps them both!


12 comments:

  1. Bosco is definitely a cutie! He rather looks like there might be some rottie in him somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All cutie pies, including Terry. lol I don't know how you handle three, but maybe Rowdy would behave if he had a playmate. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dogs stories & especially when they are rescues!!!!! Aren't they the best!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know dogs learned how hard to bite that way. My little one bit my finger and I had three puncture wounds. It was more my fault than his as I got in the way between 2 dogs and a bone!

    Both dogs are looking great! That's wonderful they are both housebroken. I'm still working on my little one. He's over a year now and still has trouble. He might always have trouble and need to wear a diaper when company comes or we go somewhere. We knew he had problems when we got him though and he's so loveable I wouldn't give him up for anything.

    I bet the older dog enjoys seeing the dogs even if he doesn't always want to be bothered by the youngsters. I think it was a great way to get you back with a dog of your own. Your grandson is quite the smart one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both pups are adorable! Bosco looks like a lot of fun! Love the "time out" photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I do love the standing in the corner pix. That is great that they get along so well. I still remember the screaming & fighting downstairs when we had Fiona's 4 puppies. Oh yes...they do bite & snarl & scream at each other...and then Auntie SkyeBlue would jump in there & give them all a good tugging to shut them up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful personalities you have with your dogs. Sometimes watching animals play is the happiest entertainment there is. Thanks for the pictures and the introductions to your family, including Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, Bosco is soooo very cute!!! Love his name, too.

    Second, great new look here on your blog!

    And last, but certainly not least, your new photo is gorgeous!

    You.. look... MAH-vel-ous!

    I mean it, Sis! There is absolutely nothing but serenity on your pretty face. Buh-bye to the stress of working 9 to 5! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the doggie pictures! And congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to "meet" you thru the blog party. Your blog title is what caught my attention. I love dogs and birds. Your photos are adorable. I am looking forward to future visits. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New dogs, what fun! Thanks for sharing your cuties with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it when people recognize that their fur babies have personalities. New Follower. I am having fun finding new bloggers to follow...love sewing and quilting. Greetings from Oklahoma, USA. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.