Thursday, January 2, 2014

It's A New Year

A little late, but Happy New Year.  The year flew by.  It seems like just yesterday I decided to retire, when in fact I made that decision a year ago.

So much has been going on  here that I can only say glad the holidays are over and good bye!.

We started the Christmas season a little down with news that my niece had breast cancer.  She had a radical mastectomy/lymphectomy and reconstructive surgery.  I couldn't believe that it was meant to be only a 2 day stay in the hospital.  However, she didn't do well when she first came home and went back for another three days and came home on Christmas Eve.  She is doing well now and has a long road of treatment ahead of her.  She is about 40 and had her first mammo when they found tumors.  In all she had seven that were fast growing.  So, when you pray, please think of Sara.  She is my daughter's age..they grew up together as my SIL lives two blocks away.  I think that made it even harder for me than it would have been.

I had several crochet commissions that I completed before Christmas.  I don't know why I didn' take pictures, and I always made a prayer lapghan for my niece.

While the kids were out of school, Corey's job was shut down for the holiday.  This was a crazy house. Kyle was here almost everyday, and of course so was Brandi.  AND Corey brought Terry and I a new pup.  He was born in October.  His father was a full blooded Boxer and the mother was a mixed bread so we aren't sure what his mix is.  I'll post pictures in a couple of days.  So, we have my two boys wrestling around, two dogs wrestling around, housebreaking, cooking, steady snow fall AND......Corey bought a Jeep Wrangler.  It's an older model and he has plenty of ideas about what he wants to do to it.  Since graduated from a auto body repair course with excellent skills, I guess it's natural that he would tear it apart and paint it etc.

See, its been a zoo here.  Today I am home alone with only the dogs.  I am totally recharging.

Oh, I want to mention that my final decision on a tablet was a Nexus 7.  After checking with me to see what I decided on, Corey walked in the door a week or so before Christmas with my tablet.  It was a nice surprise.  I didn't want him to spend his money on me, but I know that he wanted to buy something for me that I really wanted so I gratefully accepted it and it made him so happy.

So, that's what's new.  Come back in a day or two and see the new pup!

7 comments:

  1. Carol, so sorry to hear about your niece - hopes for a complete remission.

    Enjoy your quiet day!!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman i live in MellowLand compared to you. lol. I'm so sorry about your niece. I definitely will be thinking of her.
    Hubby wants a tablet too. Maybe ipad Air?? Did you research that one? Love to hear what made you choose a Nexus 7. Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sure to add sweet Sara to my prayers as well as your whole family.

    Sounds like your holidays have been filled with excitement and full of blessings, I hope that your 2014 continues in such fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a Nexus as well...in fact I am blog surfing on it now...even update my blog on it...can't wait to see pics of the dog family!!!
    Prayers & good thoughts for your neice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Carol. Sorry to hear about your niece Sara. Sending ::well wishes and a fast healing process to her::
    Wow, your home has been a busy one and yes the year did fly by. Amazing isn't it? Where does the time go? I'm rapidly approaching my deadline and it's something I don't want so I better hurry up and learn all I can so that I can take it with me. tee hee. Have a great year friend and I'll be visiting you at your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Carol, you have had a full plate of late. I am happy to hear that your niece is doing as well as she is, she's been in my prayers since you let me know, and will stay there.

    I'm impressed, a new puppy... I keep saying that once mine is gone there will be nothing else come into this house that cannot take care of itself. I just don't think I have enough patience anymore to go through all of that again.... but I'm going to love seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it does sound crazy. Were you wishing you were away at your old job at times?? Remembering to take pics of projects especially sometimes ongoing pics, is really a skill you have to learn. I am only partially skilled ;0. My grandson gave his mom an IPhone for Mother's Day just before going into the army. She absolutely loves it and keeps in touch with him all the time now that he's not in basic training anymore (where they confiscated phones till the army wanted to allow the privilege of having one). It's good for the kids to give gifts like that to people who matter so much to them. It's a sure sign of growing up! Hopefully things calm down now and you can enjoy a bit more calm. So sorry about your niece. I hope the treatments work. Will pray for her. I'm sure her prayer afghan means a lot to her.

    Happy New Year! I really hope it is after such a rough start!

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.