Friday, January 24, 2014

Grow Your Blog - 2014








I'd like to take a moment to thank Vicki for letting me participate in the Grow Your Blog  party.  I know how much time it takes to organize an event like this and I am grateful to be a part of it.




My name is Carol. Welcome to my on line home. This is where I share whatever pops in my head. I love animals, gardening, needlework and my family and like to talk about them.

 I married Terry 42 years ago and he remains my best friend and constant companion.  We have 2 dogs.  My oldest grandson and his dog also live with us which keeps us hopping.  I live in Northern Indiana just northeast of South Bend.  We definitely have 4 seasons here, but my absolute favorite is the summer.  Most winters we get lots of snow, but I don't enjoy even one flake....not even on Christmas Eve.

I started my blog in 2008 because I participated in the Bead Journal Project and wanted a place to share my bead work.  I have made a lot of friends here and am eager to find even more.  

I crochet, sew and embroider and bead.  I recently retired and now that the holidays are done, I relish the time that I have been able to spend working on projects.

I try to answer every comment by reply directly to the commenter. Thank you for stopping and I hope you will come back.

17 comments:

  1. Even though i'm already a follower i saw your post go live and i wanted to pop over and say HIIII!!!!! Mine goes live at 11 pm pacific time. This is going to be sooo much fun!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! You don't look anything like old enough to have been married 42 years! WOW!=)

    Have a great time at the party.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Carol, Welcome to the blog party. I am volunteering to help Vicki this morning with so many people joining our party. She is a great host. I have enjoyed reading your blog this morning. The temperature is dropping this morning and I wonder just how far it will. Grandchildren do keep us very busy. I have 3 boys. Have fun at the party. Shirley@shirleystitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carol, I look forward to see some of your creations now that you are retired. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Carol...so good to meet you! Vicki's GYB led me to your blog and I'm delighted to be here...I'll be a frequent visitor...Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Carol, thank you for visiting me and leaving your sweet comment! Isn't blogging wonderful? I also post whatever pops in my head:) Enjoy your day, sending a big hug your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely comment to leave on my blog. Always enjoy your visits - thank you Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for your visit to me, too! I'm planning to follow you, and find out just what you get up to with beads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not part of the blog party but I am still a fan of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy the tour! I'm having fun visiting a few people even though I neglected to get signed up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol
    It's lovely meeting you at Vicki's party!
    We've been married for almost 44 years so we're not far apart.
    I love all creative things too and dabble in this and that - I'm always looking to learn something new.
    I'm hoping I'll pick up a thing or two here from you about beading.
    I make collages from vintage fabrics and lace and beading them would be the next step - inspiration and help please!!!!

    I'm following you - and I would love you to come over and enter my Giveaway - a vintage fabric and lace collage.
    I'll be back to see you when the party finishes - have fun.
    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol... thanks for stopping by my 'place', er, blog! I think we also have a love for dogs in common. I've got a Basset Hound and a Saint Bernard. Thanks so much for your helpful insights on my site. Looking forward to following your journey!
    hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Carol, I just found your log at the GYB party. I worked all weekend so am just now getting time to look at a bunch of new blogs. I will follow yours to see what you create next.
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, Carol - dropping in from the Blog Hop for a quick hello, before going off to read more here. Your grandson and his new puppy are adorable...nice to have a tech guru around! Happy Tuesday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello, nice to meet you. sounds like you have a great set of hobbies. I like a bit of snow, we don't get much over here so it's a bit of a novelty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice to meet you through GYB. I hope you have had as much fun as me visiting all the great blogs. (Mine is about embroidery.)

    aprilsongstress

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello from Yukon, Canada! I'm still working on the GLB and I'm glad I found you ♥

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.