Sunday, January 5, 2014

Got a Word?

So, everyone is looking for their "Word".  After all, it's that time of year, isn't it?  Why do we NEED a word? Inspiration? or do we need help focusing on what we want to accomplish? I, for one, should have my "word" calendared to pop up at the first of every month so I can re-focus.  My friend Deb said she didn't want to procrastinate. I thought I felt the same way, until I REALLY thought about ME...you know...MYSELF.

 My life, for the most part, focuses on others.  Over the years my wishes have pretty much been for more ME time.  When I retired in September, I spent  some time cleaning, painting and organized. I really DON'T procrastinate.  The truth is, I have so much going on in my mind that I can be side-tracked even while stirring a pot if someone asks me to do something for them.

After thinking about it for just a little while, I realized that my Muse (I call her Lorac) rarely deserts me.  She really is always there egging me on.  Always popping ideas in my head.  So, the action that I will focus on this year is.....
EXECUTION 

I plan to keep a journal of ideas as they occur to me.  I have never kept a journal  before. Mostly, I think if I jot ideas down I can get them off my mind for the time being and keep note of enhancements as they occur.  

I wanted ME time and now I have it.  I have already started to EXECUTE.  In a few days, I'll show ya.

Do you have a word?  What is it and WHY?
Do focus words set in January usually work for you? 


11 comments:

  1. I like that Carol... plans don't become reality without that execution. I'm still working on that myself.

    Last year was the first time I'd chosen a word... to be honest, I sort of thought it was silly. I mean, how can one word really do that much? Looking back at the end of the year though, I found that having that one word somewhere in the depth of my consciousness had made a difference.

    My word this year is "aware". It goes hand in hand with my word for last year "present". I can't wait to look back at the end of the year to see if this one made a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me several days for inspiration to hit me for my word for last year. I kept it secret so others thoughts wouldn't influence my own flow. It ended up being a double edged meaning for my word and a realll challenge. But boy, oh boy, did I learn a lot from those experiences. Your word just might be one of those same kind of experiences. Don't be surprised and you might just keep a journal as you find your experiences work through all meanings of your word. Big hug and happy, happy new year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee - I think I have a whole dictionary of words roaming around in my head. I do keep a journal and it is fun to go back at the end of the year and see where I was at the start, what came between and where I ended the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done a yearly word, mainly because I know I would forget all about it within a matter of weeks. I find it interesting though to follow the success others have had with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Execution IS the opposite of Procrastination isn't it??? :) Maybe thats the word i needed? :)

    No, i've never really picked a word before and i think last year was the first year i had heard of it. But i didn't pick one then i don't think , if i did it didn't stick with me... so I guess it didn't work. LOL!

    Look forward to seeing all that you execute! Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. No "word" for me...I have so many ideas & inspiration I don't need anything else! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to think about a word that will help me grow or focus this year. Like you, I can get so distracted. I have even let pots boil dry. Your word sounds really good. Can't wait to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! Let's combine yours with mine and make FEARLESS EXECUTION!

    A word is sometimes easier to live up to than a resolution is. If we don't live up the resolutions, we feel guilty. A word can give us a new push, especially if we have a way to make it pop up every time we open computer!

    T

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've chosen a great word. I've elected to NOT choose a word nor make any resolutions. I just have some goals set and they are ever changing.

    Good luck with your journal...I've never kept one either but I've always been a list maker. Maybe I need to switch to a journal and see if I have better success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a lot little sticky notes with ideas on them (which invariably end up getting lost) - it never occurred to me to keep a journal of the ideas - probably too much cluttering up my mind, no room for that idea to pop in. I really like that idea though, and think I will give it a try.
    Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never have chosen a word until now, but for 2014 it will be "laughter".

    I have written journals of ideas over the years. They're fun to keep and great for reference! :-D xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.