Saturday, May 25, 2013

It's A Doggy Birthday Party for Annie

 Junior is here to celebrate Annie's Birthday.  Annie's mom is Karen who owns the blog at Sew Many Ways.  If you don't know Karen, you really should visit to say Happy Birthday to Annie AND to see what Sew Many Ways is all about.  Its a great place.

Junior does not like his picture taken. He does not like you to point ANYthing at him.  It makes him really nervous sometimes.





Junie is 10 years old.  He is not in the best of health. He suffers from an genetic immune system disease that causes him to have a fungal skin infection which we are able to control with baths and prednisone shots. There are other health issues which we take care of as best we can.  He is my last dog of the 4  in the last 10 years that I have been blessed to know.  Junie is a German Shepherd/Rottweiler  mix..more Rot than Shepherd in temperament.  He NEVER EVER does anything wrong...ever.

This is the best picture that I have ever been able to capture.  I love it.  He is so so pretty and so smart and SO spoiled.  He gets a lot of our attention.

Junior spends a lot of his evenings laying by one of the patio doors in the living room waiting for some critter to come see him.  He enjoys raccoons and possum as long as they are on the other side of the glass.  He does not allow cats on his deck.

Junie is pretty much retired and isn't really a "Guard Dog" anymore.  And that's OK.   If you want to see more about Junior, click his name in my tag list.

Happy Birthday Annie..from Junior.

10 comments:

  1. He's very handsome. I love that he'll let the wild critters come close but no cats, it's the same here. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one like that... took his photo this morning... I only got it because he was napping at the end of my bed, and the look on his face is one of total disgust. HATES having his picture taken... He's definitely an old dog who has no interest in learning new tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very handsome boy, shy but handsome! I thought we had red-headed woodpeckers too because they have, well, errrr.....red heads. But my husband corrected me, smarty pants, says they are actually red- breasted woodpeckers. But, it's their heads that are red. Go figure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet dear one he is. It's hard when they are sick to get sick or even have a life long illness. Happy Birthday Junior!! Sweet.
    By the way, I'm in the process of switching over to a closed blog soon and I've been sending invites so that you can get in to visit when you stop by. I am still an open blog but soon it will not be open to "everyone." Too many spammer's and other things and I'm just too tired of that. I know I'll lose people but hey, what can I do. Hope you accept. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that precious look on his face. It's like he is saying, "who me, all this attention for ME!!"

    Cool idea having a linky party for pets. I checked out Karen's blog. Great stuff there. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a handsome boy. I have a dog who is too black with little beady eyes to ever get a good picture. We have to treasure the few we get.
    Dogs sure put up with illnesses better than we do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet boy he is!
    No wonder he's spoiled - who could resist that beautiful face?
    Give him a hug from Auntie Crystal xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet and beautiful! Where would we be without our loyal companions??

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's really a handsome guy. Give him a big birthday smooch on the nose for me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Junior is so handsome! He looks like a real sweetie and fun to spoil :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.