Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Another Front Porch Chat

It finally got warm in Northern Indiana.  Hot and humid actually and I have been outside as much as I can be.  When not out in the dirt, we are watching the darned birds.  A Red Headed Woodpecker has been showing up at the feeders, but is a bit of a bully and chasing the other birds away.  It's been hard to get a good pic of him because he is skittish of any movement on my side of the patio doors.  I preserver!

Our baby Blues are hanging out at the feeders all the time, but still wait for the parents to feed them.

We also continue to try to trap and remove feral cats.  There seems to be a cat explosion near my house and it is a huge concern for the cats. We often see them on the side of the highway which is 3 houses away.

So, here are the questions for the week:
Are you a heavy, light, or somewhere in between sleeper?
This is a joke at my house .  For years Terry worked third shift .  Laurie was young and I was a very light sleeper in those days.  Since Terry has been working normal hours, I fall into a deep sleep as soon as my head touches the pillow.  A truck could run into the house and I'd sleep through it.

Are you currently reading anything interesting?
This question always somewhat embarrasses me.  I used to be an avid reader.  Now I'm lucky if I find time to read Midwest Living and National Geographic.

Do you like to enter contests?
Yes, sometimes.  I always think I will win.  As long as I don't have to give too much info and I want the prize, I might go for it.  I do like to enter blog giveaways.

Are you Good about taking time to do things you enjoy?
That is a hard question.  I mostly don't do anything I don't enjoy.  But I find it hard to take time to sew and stitch.  Why is there so much else that are priorities to Me Time?

What's your favorite food to cook on the grill, or enjoy at a BBQ?
We rarely eat meat.  But if the kids are here for a cookout, there are always hot dogs and hamburgers and kebabs.  I do love grilled chicken that has been marinaded in Jack Daniel marinade.

7 comments:

  1. When i sleep i sleep good. Not much will wake me.....Lately i've been having trouble staying asleep. I've been waking up at 3am wide away...sigh

    I'am reading a Clive Cussler adventure book....I've read many of his but i'm sad to say this is not one of his better ones...This one is Valhalla Rising i think...

    Usually don't do contests but i will sometimes..if i REALLY want it. lol

    For the most part iam good about taking the time to do the things i enjoy.

    Hands down its terrible , terrible for you hot dogs!!!With a little bit of char on them...yum.....

    That was fun Carol. I hope you get a lot of responders.! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol. Just popped in to say hi. The grilled chicken sounds good. I definitely have to enjoy what I am doing. I'm reading Aaron Sanchez cook book right now and just about done with it. Time now to go finish visiting and then down to the nitty gritty of planning dinner, cleaning, and other. Take care and have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a terrible time with feral cats. They start with dropped off pets, then the breeding and before you know it they are everywhere. I trapped, spayed/neutered 13 of them a few years back. It's better now since I kept those from breeding. Many of them work on the mouse population in our barn. :) I like your bluebird family. They are one of my favorite birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Northern Indiana, huh? I was born & raised in Indy, we moved to Lafayette just before junior high for better schools. Love kebobs too, they really help with portion control. Have a blessed week :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no feral cats, but you should have seen my two cats stalking a visiting turkey Monday evening

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.) Are you a heavy sleeper, light sleeper, or somewhere in between?
    Somewhere in between. :-)

    2.) Are you currently reading anything interesting?
    I just started a book my daughter gave me for Mother's Day called "Eighty Days". It's very good!

    3.) Do you like to enter contests?
    In blog land - yes. I don't often win, but one time when I did - I was asked to leave my email and info in a comment. I did but the blogger never contacted me nor did she send the prize! She has a new contest every week and I often wonder if any of the "winners" ever get their prize.

    4.) Are you good about taking time to do things you enjoy?
    I try but it isn't easy. I have lists of projects I'd like to try and places I'd like to go. I keep saying I should actually schedule - on a calendar - a day here, or a few hours there. Haven't done that yet, though. Guess I'm incorrigible.

    5.) What's your favorite food to cook on the grill, or enjoy at a BBQ?
    Oh dear, I guess I'll have to say hot dogs. I don't eat them often, as I do believe they're not really good for you, but they are the quintessential cookout food and they never taste better than when cooked on a grill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am such a light sleeper I am foggy during the days too often. I get so tired I try to go to bed early but as soon as my head hits the pillow, I wake up. Not enough to get up but enough to make getting to sleep difficult and then I wake at every sound or movement around me. I wish I could sleep soundly but never have.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.