Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolution or Focus Word?

Here it is, the very beginning of a new year. They fly by.  They truly do.  It seems like yesterday when I was posting about the Blue Moon that occurred in January 2010.

2012 was not a bad year. Not a great one, but good.

Robin recently asked me how my 'focus' word, FREEDOM,  for 2012 influenced my year.  I had to go back and read what I wanted it to help me do. I have to tell you that I think a did a pretty good job of allowing myself to be and SHOW more of myself. For me, a focus word is kind of like what I think about giving something up for LENT. I view it as a reminder to improve myself. To choose  an aspect of my personality that I would like to change.  Believe me, I have come a LONG way in that regard.

 Free from guilt, but not why you would think. I get caught up in my desire to create and join a challenge thinking it will help me to focus on the project I want to make. That doesn't work for me. The only challenge I actually accomplished was the 360 Challenge to de-clutter at least 360 items from our home.  I did great and am proud and happy that I was able to do it.

I have been smiling and laughing so much this year.  I think its because I have freedom of responsibility for the kids who have moved into their own home this year.

So. What is my FOCUS word for this year?

Harmony.

It's not just getting along with people. Its also about living in and working in orderly surroundings. Its about keeping your friends close and surrounding yourself with like minded people. Its about being sympathetic and cooperative.  It's about sharing yourself with others.  It's a state of mind that you bring to your art too. It's about finding the time to pursuit your personal satisfaction.   It's about quiet time to find your center and recharge your energy.

Take a moment to think about what would make your life more harmonious.  Even if its not YOUR focus word, maybe you could pick just one thing that would bring more harmony to your life and try to focus on it.

I'd love to hear if you have selected a WORD, and why...especially WHY.

8 comments:

  1. HI Carol!

    So good to see you post! Love your word of the year! I haven't done 'Words' or Resolutions for a few years now.....just trying to live my best life....I see so many people mention 'surrounding themselves with like minded people' isn't that boring?? How can you have a good discussion with only like minded people?
    Have a wonderful year my friend!
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word! My "focus" this year is on being present. I've realized that much of what I co has become just going through the motions... and that is no way to live life. I want to be HERE, to experience each moment as they come, and to be present in them. I think if I can do that much will fall into place... it's a big "if" though, so cross your fingers for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good word and goal for this year... Harmony. We all can use more of that, especially me! LOL :)

    I hadn't thought of a focus word and don't do resolutions. I think the closest I have is my goal for making this a year of Doing. Maybe my word could be just that, "Doing", or maybe I would choose "Create" instead?! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No resolutions and no words for me. I know me - I have the attention span of a gnat, so it would be a lost cause within a matter of a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! My word would be health. Hard to achieve, but not impossible. Missed you and may your entire year be harmonious.

    Hugs,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol. I like your word. I haven't chosen a word. I stopped doing that last year. When I hear certain words, I just tell myself that is a good word, it must be remembered. Hope all is okay with you Carol, enjoy the year and be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a most beautiful word, concept, way of life...

    the balance of how much comes from within and what is without... what requires change and what requires appreciation...

    everything is in harmony when the balance is struck and your spirit sings -

    i will be thinking much on this today -
    thanks!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mind freezes up when I was try to think of a word. I would just forget it right away anyhow! Harmony is a good word. Hope you find lots of it this year in many ways!

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.