Sunday, March 18, 2012

It Started With A Chair

I had been saying that as soon as the boys moved out, we would clean the entire house thoroughly and buy new living room furniture.

Off I went to scope out new recliners for Terry.  I didn't want  to drag him around and tire him out so I found a few  that I thought he might like.  One was motorized and he didn't even want to see it because it was $200 more.

So, he chose one at the Ashley Furniture Store.  While there, I looked for an occasional chair and absolutely fell in love with this one.  The picture does not do it justice.  The back ground is a rich chocolate brown and the fleur pattern is deep aqua tones. ( the dilemma...my living room has burgundy accents).  The chair only listed for $800, but the price was $500.  I'd keep it in mind, and we left after ordering Terry's chair.

Then, I saw the tiny ad in the paper for a store that I never had seen before. Their hours were not compatible with my work hours, but they had Ashley Furniture on sale for 2 days at 50% off the list price. My chair was $400 and I ordered the chair which we picked up Saturday.

Waaaaaay across the showroom, Terry spotted a chair that interested him.  Ha!  A chocolate brown motorized recliner, on sale 50% off list plus 20 more if you took the floor model.

The change in my living room color scheme ALL started with my beautiful, can't stop looking at it chair.

Next stop, the paint store.

16 comments:

  1. Change is good! LOL! You'll have to take another picture of that chair in good light and show it. Chocolate brown and aqua sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to go with something you love impulsively. It's amazing how it brightens your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! Guess it was definitely time for a sweeping change :) So what color are you thinking for the paint?
    How fun you are getting to finally redecorate etc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and you know how much I love brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love your chair! The colors are great and it looks like a nap is in order there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I have changed the whole look of a room by just one "I must have that" purchase! Sometime a girls just has to have what a girl really wants to have! Oh yes...time to paint!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful - it is lovely to buy something you just love. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are a smart shopper! How wonderful to get such great sales!

    Not only does your new chair look very pretty but COMFORTABLE, too. :-)

    Can't wait to hear about the paint colors you select. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!!! There's nothing like a good chair to relax in at night. We desparately need new chairs too...but I have the same problem...getting a new chair might necessitate other changes and we just don't have the buckaroos for that right now. I'm SOOO excited for you and Terry...You know, you'll have to break them in...just like you did when you first married....*wink, *wink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the chair. Guess I missed a lot of news. I miss you.

    Hugs,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chair is pretty and it's great you both found one you liked. I'd love a red couch but my hubby wouldn't. I don't push it because we have a small wicker love seat that our big dog gets to sleep on and it would have to go to fit in a couch. It's the only furniture she's allowed on - she sheds enough short white hair to be annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your new chairs and your new look! New furniture is always so wonderful especially when it doesn't get worn out by little hands and feet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So did you get a chair too? or did just Terry get one and did he get the motorized one or the originally ordered one? So many questions I should just shut up and say Congratulations on change!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love your chair. Had one with an ottoman like that once. *Sigh*. You deserve it!! Hugs, Cat K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new chair looks so comfy! What color are you going to paint the walls now?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful chair! So pretty and comfy looking :)
    Happy Easter too, my dear! It's great to read you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.