Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MOVIE REVIEW?

I have written before about a theatre in another town that offers 1st run movies at a discount.  Five of us can go to the movie and have popcorn and pop for about $45.  Extremely reasonable for an evening movie for 5.

Every Thursday they send me an email with show times and the "coming soon" list.

Hmm...I had read good reviews of The Woman in Black.  It was acceptable to all 5 of us so off we went.  The 8:00 showing had lots of teens already seated when we arrived.
Let me tell you, that from now on, I am going to review the reviewer of movies when a review appears in our paper.  This movie was the perfect movie for a teen boy to take his date.  Its a sure bet that she would be hiding her face in his shoulder every time the music indicated a scary scene had just been shown.  Startling would be a better description.  I was more entertained watching the girls in the audience watch the movie ~lol~.  Anyway, I recommend you skip this one.  Lots of startling shots with very little substance with a mildly surprising end.

12 comments:

  1. I am glad you are reviewing I thought it looked good too. Not wasting my money (not that I get to the movies...EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting - i read the book, it is truly a simple ghost story... the kind that would be told about a campfire... was surprised to see all of the effects of the movie... so now i know - they don't necessarily make 'more' of the book... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to a matinee showing of the movie......mostly to show support for Harry Potter LOL! It was disappointing. I wish he had chosen a movie that would stretch his acting chops if you know what i mean? Not many can make the transition from child actor to adult and after so many years making Harry Potter i wish them the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up. I don't like scary movies. Hubby and I went to see Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds new movie. Safe House. It was great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really?? That's too bad! I thought it looked really good! I will wait till it comes out on video. Have a perfect day ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your review! I am not interested in teen boy style movies, lol. There are other movies out there I can choose from although I usually only go when my daughter wants to take me to one she's seen already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, thanks for the heads up. We really do do movies outside the house very often. We wait until they are out on DVD and decide what we will buy. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds more a halloween movie, doesn't it? I agree with the above poster who said it is difficult for child actors to make the leap to adult rolls. I'm sure that Daniel R. has a wonderful acting future ahead of him, but he's bound to have a few bombs along the way. It's a process to learn how to pick scripts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the heads up. I won't go...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll likely still catch it once it comes to Netflix although I won't have the benefit of watching teenagers watch it. I'll live.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw this movie last week with my hubby. We didn't have any teens in our audience, just older couples like us. We went in with low expectations, so we were pleased it wasn't that bad. We enjoy discussing plot and character, so it was good for that. I enjoyed it, but it was a slow paced movie.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.