Sunday, September 18, 2011

Planning a Boho Bag

Have you seen the Boho Bags that some of the crazy quilters are doing? They are a little too victorian for me, but I am planning to put my own version together. 


I went through SOME of my stash and came up with these 4 fabrics so far.  I need to find more blue and some sandstone fabric.  I think I have trims that will work, but if I don't, well heck, that's why they have fabric stores, right. 


I'm excited to get going.


Gerry K has an excellent tutorial on her blog.  I love her method for putting one together and avoiding bulky seams.  Go visit her site to see what its all about.
http://olderrose.blogspot.com/2011/08/step-2-avoiding-bulky-seams.html

7 comments:

  1. i look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, some serious work involved in that bag! Although, I guess if it's what we love doing it may be more play than work... I can't wait to see yours finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I LOVE the blue and brown print, and the others you have there will be beautiful with it. Nice texture on a couple of them as well.

    I'm looking forward to your final design. Have fun, Sweet Lady!

    xo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! You've changed the look of your blog. I like it!

    I think the colour combination of sand and sky blue is lovely. Like a walk on the beach.

    I'm intrigued as to how this will turn out. (I'm going to check out that tutorial now!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been inspired by Gerry's bags too. I will be posting a few I have made.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was about to send out a search party girlfriend! I love the fabrics you choose for that bag and totally can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.