Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sherry Serafini's Sensational Bead Embroidery


Amazon sent me an e-mail suggesting new books I might be interested in.  Nice guys.  They do that all the time and I don't really mind.  Sometimes they have some good suggestions.  I gotta tell you though, I check out what they have to offer that I might want, stick it in my Wishlist, then I open another browser and check to see if what I want is available at http://www.betterworldbooks.com/ . I had to give them a plug because you get fab deals there, they do good work AND they are located about 5 miles from my home and I can order on line and pick my order up at their warehouse if I want.  If not, the shipping is reasonable and faster than they promise.  You can get great deals on used books also.

OKay, OKay, back to Sherry's book.  I preordered and it was released early so it was waiting for me when I came home today.  I'm telling you, the book is worth its weight in eye candy.  I have only thumbed through it so far.  I'll take a better look after I fix supper and grab a cup of joe. Even thumbing through it I saw techniques that I don't think were in her last book ( if they were, I missed them), that I never knew how to do. 

What do I know! But I think its a great book and I can't wait to read it.

Have an absolutely fab evening!!
Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. enjoy the book - i just got a new one as well... i get so excited by it that i have to set it down and let my mind settle! yours looks beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too ordered this book and it is waiting for me at the office.

    Hopefully I will be well enough to go back to work next week and will see it then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just the cover gets my complete attention. I'm off to check it out, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to know what you think once you've spent some more time with it! Lucky you to have a book store so closeby that has great deals. I think it may have been you that first introduced me to Sherry Serafini!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get as much out of reading the book as you did with the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol - I couldn't agree more! I pre-ordered this (I think) the first day I could. Mine arrived in the last couple of days and I can hardly put it down. I've already ordered ring blanks - never made one of those before. I find Sherry so inspiring. I LOVE this book. I thought to myself last night... "I will buy every book she writes". I'm hoping for one on purses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol,
    I am often tempted by those little devils at amazon, too! lol

    I had to take a quick peek at Sherry's new book after reading your post. It looks fabulous! [(She says as she puts it in her shopping cart.) Hey, I haven't bought a book in a few months!!!] ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly looks delicious and your post as well as the comments made me want to have it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This type of beading is absolutely stunning, Carol! I can't wait to take a closer look at your blog and go ahhhhhhhhhh and ohhhhhhhh at these beauties :)
    Thank you for your visit and sweet comments :) glad to have a new friend!
    xx
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.