Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Feeling Grateful Today

I guess I have always known New Zealand was near Australia.  At least I knew it since 9th grade Geography Class.  I always loved Geography. But I never heard of Christchurch.  Then one of my blog friends moved there from England, if I remember correctly.

In the last few years she has shared on her blog things that interest her, just like we all do. But she has also opened a window to parts of her life in a new country. I have enjoyed her thoughts, pictures and a vid or two and gone a step farther to investigate through the Internet some of the places she has visited.

I sent an e-mail and waited for the reply that she is safe. 
My reply was there when I woke up today. She and her husband are OK.  There was some damage to their home, but not as much as properties near the epicenter.

Our beloved former Indiana governor and Senator and his wife were in Christchurch for a conference.  They are also safe. 

I am grateful for so many things this morning, but my focus today is Christchurch.
I am grateful for my friends safety and pray for those lost and missing.
Please bring peace to this Earth.

12 comments:

  1. the world seems filled with so much turmoil - be it political or weather related... i am so glad that your friends are safe - sorry for those lost and missing... i too am grateful today -

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is Amen. So many horrible things happening right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend there too Carol, and have just received news that he is ok...scary isn't it? Whether it hits close to home or on the other side of the world... the internet has brought us all together in ways we couldn't have imagined 30 years ago. I'm so glad we both have something to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mother earth is shaking her mantle.
    I'll add mine to yours.
    here's hoping they find all those that got trapped in the collapse.
    it's half a world away and yet so close.
    Amazing times we live in, the good and the bad, I am thankful for all of it.
    It reminds me how lucky I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Zealanders and Aussies are "family" we are so close. I am grateful that the Aussie rescue team pulled a lady out of the rubble yesterday within hours of arriving there. I am hoping they have a lot more success today. k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Carol,
    So glad to hear that those you worried about are safe!

    Adding to your prayers for the lost and missing.

    As you say, we are truly fortunate. It's easy to forget that sometimes . . . xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your friend and family are safe. The internet does bring us all closer with it's immediacy. Now we don't just have our own troubles but others' as well. Of course, we also get to share the joys when they happen like finding one more survivor or a people being set free from a dictator. Let's hope there is more good news from Christchurch today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right Carol, enough already with all this tragedy. Let it be a lesson to all of us not to take the day or each other for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a real and unexpected blow for the people of Christchurch! A couple of years ago my husband and I considered moving there so I can't describe how I felt when I heard the news!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy to hear that your friend is safe. So many waiting to hear just that message I am sure. Keeping all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first thing I thought of were the blog friends from that area of the world. Such a tragedy - we're all sending our good thoughts to the people of NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your friends are OK. It was a terrible quake.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog-glad the red spoke to you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.