Thursday, November 4, 2010

What Makes You Happy?


 My friend Robin posted a list today of 25 things that make her happy. I am wondering how I can figure out which 25 to list.
So, I am jotting 25, but not necessarily in any order, and not the only things that make me happy.  Not by a long shot. I'll have trouble limiting to 25!


My family
My dogs
Watching the birds and squirrels at the feeders and frogs in our pond
Watching a hawk glide across the sky
Lazy summer days and nights
The sun and the night sky
The scent of vanilla
The glow of the Christmas Tree
Rainbows
Being at the Beach
Laughing with Terry
Day dreaming of the good things I will do when I am a millionairre
Spending quiet time alone
Coffee
Wearing shorts, a tank top and flip flops
Rings
Great BBQ Ribs
Vacation
Going to Chicago
Giving Surprises
Cheesy Love Stories
Filling all the squares of a crossword puzzle
Good Music
Good hair days
Weekends

8 comments:

  1. 1. Being married for 46 years to someone I met at age 17.
    2. When hubby gets one of my jokes.
    3. Making pretty jewelry.
    4. Seeing someone in one of my jewelry pieces.
    5. Sales.
    6. 50 percent off coupons.
    7. Seeing our leaves blowing onto the neighbor's yards. LOL!!
    8. Visiting family and friends.
    9. Receiving e-mails from old college buddies.
    10. Blogging.
    11. Taking pictures.
    12. Chatting with on-line friends.
    13. Being retired!!
    14. Getting a retirement check AND a social security check.
    15. Waking up every morning, rain or shine.
    16. Doing housework when I feel like it.
    17. Crab legs, smoked almonds.
    18. Coffee, diet coke, water with lemon.
    19. Flowers in bloom
    20. Trees turning red in the fall.
    21. Temperatures in the 70's
    22. Low utility bills.
    23. Filling my gas tank and having it last a month.
    24. Going on short weekend trips with hubby.
    25. Doing some things he likes.

    That's what makes me happy. Thanks for asking.

    I like your list, too. A good hair day is always nice.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list! I was thinking of mine and then I lost my train of thought! We have a lot of the same things! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your list. Great way to pay tribute to the things you love. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lists both yours and the one above. I'm going to have to think about this. Thinking is hard. It may take me a while, lol.

    I hope your new teeth feel more comfortable soon. Do you have the permanent ones yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could use about 15 of your 25 in my own list. Always a good thing to reflect on what makes us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your list :)
    It's good to take stock every once in a while - I need to make a list of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! It's actually kind of a fun exercise to do. It makes you remember there are a lot of things to be happy about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your list - just reading it makes me happy!

    Almost all of the things you mention would be on my list too! :-)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.