Monday, November 29, 2010

Look What I Won!!

This is a necklace that I want to wear EVERYDAY.  A signature piece, so to speak.  It's called Infinite Moment.  I love getting lost in thought, thinking about what I deem to be infinite moments in my own life.  When I saw this piece on the Love My Art Jewelry blog, I knew that I had to have it.  I actually KNEW that I would.  Sometimes, things hit me like that and I just know. Go visit the blog and explore the etsy shop.  This is a colaboration of very talented artists.

The designer is Maire Jane Dodd.  I came to know Maire about a year ago when I stubbled on her blog.  I was drawn to her because we share some of the same life philosophies. I followed along as she created jewelry.  But then her pieces started to really come to life.  She learned new skills and began to talk about what she was thinking before and during her creative process. Creating her art is to her what the first year of Bead Journaling was to me.  What I want it to be again.  Looking into myself and expressing my thoughts in creative work.

For me, at this point in Maire's career, her work is timeless.

16 comments:

  1. Yay for you!! Congrats. It looks really awesome. Wear it in good health. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful piece of jewelry for a wonderful lady. It is good when things come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Carol. That is truly an awesome piece.
    Off to check Maire out!!
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful, you lucky dog! i'm off to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that necklace. Congrats on winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Carol... how lucky and what fun for you! It's a gorgeous piece, I'm so happy that it came to be with you. Funny how sometimes you just know things like that are meant to be, isn't it? I dropped over to visit Marie's blog...it's wonderful, I can see why you like it so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great necklace! A gorgeous piece for a gorgeous gal! Lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep I would wear that all the time too! What a great win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool... Couldn't have happened to a nicer person :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy it every day! It's a wonderful necklace and I'm glad you won it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol! What a lovely necklace. I know what you mean about having a signature piece. I have a necklace I wear everyday and I don't even realize it's on, but if I take it off, I suddenly feel like something is missing. It sits high on my neck, white gold with little crystals stationed around it every inch or so. I've been wearing it for about 12 years...and it gives just the right twinkle, but not too much, and it never interferes with any of my necklines. I love it. Enjoy wearing your beautiful new necklace, and thank you for the links! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! It's a very nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you!!! I know what you mean about wanting to express yourself through creative work...I miss that part of bead journaling too...I can't wait to see what you do...I still remember Til Death do us part (was that the name?) with the heart, skeleton hands, rose...loved that one...

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you carol for this very kind mention - your necklace is on its way! i am so happy that it is going to someone who has such a strong connection to it...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful necklace, so happy for you!! Marie's work is just wonderful, I love looking at all she doing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so thrilled you won this special piece, Carol!

    It makes my heart sing whenever I see confirmation that good things DO happen to good people!

    And Sweet Lady, there is nobody more "good" than you!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.