Wednesday, October 27, 2010

BJP 2011

It's time to make your plans to join the 4th annual Bead Journal Project! The 2011 BJP will run from January 2011 through December 2011. Registration will begin November 8, 2010 and close on December 8, 2010. Registration information is available at the BJP website (http://beadjournalproject.com).
Please register early!

When you see this badge on a blog, you know that the owner is a participant in the 2011 project.

Unfortunately, I have not always been faithfully committed to this project. 2011 will be my third year.  I can't believe its flown by so quickly.  I remember stumbling on Robin Atkins blog and my jaw immediately dropped in awe.  I haunted the participants blogs appreciating the wonderful bead embroidery they created. When I joined, I entered the world of bead journalling.  I learned  a lot about myself in the process.  I also became cyber friends with other beaders.  I have made my best cyber friendships through this project.

Last year, for some reason, was a hard year for me to maintain my pages.  Looking back,  I could make excuses in that we have had some illness. I've pittered in other projects. I've spent a whole lot of time outside this year working in the garden and other homeowner responsibilities.  Well, stuff happens.  But I can honestly say that I have come a long way.  My pages have taken a curve toward more fiber/thread embroidery/paint.  I like that and will continue on that path next year.  I am planning the 2011 project with  a realistic plan that I can maintain in my continual struggle to find "me" time to feed my soul.

Why not put November 8 on your calendar and join a group of very creative and talented people. I guarantee you'll find new friends and plenty of encouragement.

11 comments:

  1. You know, I have stalked a few of the blogs of the participants myself and am always amazed at what a creative bunch y'all are. I'll definitely have to consider this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Carol!
    In catching up here I see that you are doing better, so happy to hear that. Love your little poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to get started again!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! And the community is as big a draw for me as the actual pages...such delightful, creative, kind people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The BJP is such a wonderful group of talented artists. I wish I could take part, but my plate is full.

    I do enjoy living vicariously through your beady adventures, Carol!

    Can’t wait to see what you come up with in 2011!

    Love ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that - finding time to feed your soul. That's what beading does for me & I think that's why I procrastinate working on it. I'm not doing it for anyone else but me and I feel a little guilty sometimes. Thanks for the reminder that it's a good thing to be "selfish" sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't finish 2009 and only got one done for 2010 so I just can't sign up again. I'll be watching to see how you do though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always look forward to seeing what you do and your little hints are fun too... Have fun ! (I know you will)

    Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darn it...I need more hours in my days for all this fun stuff! For now, I just ooh at what you create, Carol....It's always wonderful! xo Paulette ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the reminder!

    I couldn't agree more that the BJP community is the nicest group of people and a great source of support and inspiration!

    I'm looking forward to seeing the pages you create this year and hope that you find more *you* time to feed your heart and soul! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  11. maybe THIS will be the year I join in.......

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.