Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is YOUR Creative Style?


I was surfing around the blogs and came across a link to this site. 
The answer I got was pretty interesting to me because it was pretty much right on the money.
Check it out, if you want to see if its right about you.

http://www.psychologies.co.uk/personality-tests/whats-your-creative-style/


Creativity gives you insight


You feel that creativity provides insight into your own being. In fact, it is like therapy for you, enabling you to get to know yourself better. You seem to be looking for a way into the mysteries of the subconscious. It’s not really self-expression you are seeking, but rather the tools of self-expression: discovering what your creation will reveal about yourself. Art helps you reflect on, analyse and expand your personality. You long to be creative, and it’s not just because you need to deal with your emotions. It’s the tension between contradictions, and the need to resolve doubt that drives you to be creative. Painting pictures, decorating rooms, arranging shells in the sand — these are all creative processes that allow your introspection to roam. You can trace your life through the different ways you have exercised your creativity. For you, art is there to make sense of life. You are more attracted to artistic activities that demand reflection, planning and solitude, and the personal discoveries you make often provide answers for others, too. 

11 comments:

  1. thanks for the link! that was interesting. i'm going to post my results to my page too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I went to take the test...

    "Creativity is principally cathartic. It relieves a deep need, an almost primal, archaic impulse."

    Well, that is right on the money for me. Amazing, isn't it, how so much can be gleaned from only 8 questions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol - This was fun! I liked your definition, better than the one I got *smile*. Mine was more about releasing my emotions into my art. Which is okay - but I did like the first sentence of yours better. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious. When I did it I was told that it enriches me. Which is true I guess. But i also strongly feel that it is, as it says in your result, a kind of therapy. It was during one of my darkest moments that I started making mixed media artworks. I just instinctively knew it was just about the only thing that would help me. And it did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful link, thank you for sharing it and your results.
    Have a great week Carol.
    Love and hugs.
    Off to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol :-)
    It sure does sound "on the money" for you!

    I bumped into this quiz recently and took it pretty quickly. The results were not very close for me. I should return and take my time answering those questions!

    Love ya,
    Crissie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful description of art and creativity. So meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting quiz. I got the same result you did! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny we didn't come out the same.

    Hugs,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun link... I'm going to try it... bet I'll come out same as you...

    Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun...I got the same result that you did! What I know is that I have always had a need to create in my life...all the time. Creativity does give me insight and soothes my heart and soul...just like nature does.

    Glad you shared! XOX

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.