Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This Was a Good Day


This is Susan (on the right).  This was a Very Good Day for me.


Susan is one of my Cyber Friends.  We met last year when while participating in the Bead Journal Project. Susan and I keep in contact occasionally via email.  When she and her husband were going to be visiting family that live near me, I am so glad that she contacted me to see if we could meet.


It was a lovely visit.  She brought some of her BJP pages and I brought mine.  Its really neat to see other beader's work  in person.  I hope that we will be able to share more time together in the future.


When Susan's husband asked me why I chose an octagon shape for my pages, I really didn't think much about it.  My answer was that I want them to fit together nicely.  I am planning to use them to embellish a tote or purse.


But, if you know me, you know that I know there is a reason for everything we do, every choice we make.  That got me to thinking about why I chose the shape.  I played with it quite a bit to get each side the correct length.  Six sides would have been easier.  You might remember that I mentioned that my theme for this years project is  Celebrate Who You Are.  Well, an octagon shape is perfect for my Me Celebration.  I am multi faceted, multi talented, multi personalitied, just plain multi. Maybe Eight is Not Enough!

11 comments:

  1. isn't it fun to meet cyber friends? i'm glad you had a good time with susan. i also like your analysis of why you chose the octagon...multi everything is such a good thing, imo. i'm hoping to get to know your "facets" better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol,
    I can't tell you how much I love this post and the sweet picture too!

    How fabulous that you and Susan were able share your work and your thoughts - IN PERSON! :-)

    Eight is not enough.... "Multi-caring" springs to mind! Your thoughtful warmth and concern for all of your cyber friends is something to be treasured. I know I do!

    Thanks Sis :-)

    Much love,
    Crystal xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great meeting cyber buddies isn't it? So good to connect with like-minded people.

    Hmmm... did you knw that the number 8 is very auspicious for the Chinese? That's why the Olympic Games opened on the 8th of the 8th (2008)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to meet cyber friends in real time. You two look beautiful.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I think it's great that two of my favorite people were able to finally meet! I wish I could have been there too...

    And, here's what I found out about the octagon when I used the shape in my bjp -- A Daughter's Valentine:

    The octagon often has the symbolic meaning of rebirth, regeneration and transition -- and the symbolism of the number eight is eternal life. One source I read says that the circle is symbolic of the heavens (also eternity/infinity) and the angularity of the square is symbolic of earthly presence. So, the octagon, which borrows from both shapes, symbolizes the transitional dance between heaven and earth.

    Seems like there is something bigger at work in your cosmos...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...it would take a LOT more than 8 sides to represent you, lol....I can think of a couple of dozen all by myself!
    Glad you got to meet with one of the BJP gals...it's quite a treat to get together with like-minded, creative cyber-friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol! Such a sweet picture of you and Susan! I think it's great that you actually got to meet and spend time with one of your online buddies...I loved your reasoning about your octagonal shape, and Crystal is so right! Have a fun weekend! xoxo Paulette ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that I got to meet you, too (and your great husband)! I didn't know that Dennis asked that question, but I'm glad it was something to think about.

    I hope we can get together again - if you do come to the Art Fair, it always starts the 3rd Wed of July, and is usually the hottest, stormiest week of summer.

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great day. When did you go blonde? Trying to facet yourself into an octagon won't work. You are too ...hmnnnn what are you? lol

    Hugs,
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is such a sweet post and love the picture! I LOVE meeting people I've connected with online, so much fun!
    ♥Rocki

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful picture. Isn't it amazing how many wonderful people come into your life just by clicking a couple of keys on the keyboard? I have met so many wonderful ladies over the past years and love it.

    Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and post for my Give Away. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.