Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Indian Wisdom

Treat all men alike.
Give them all the same law.
Give them all an even chance to live and grow.
All men were made by the same Great Spirit Chief.
They are all brothers.
The Earth is the mother of all people, and all people should have equal rights upon it.
Let me be a free man, free to travel, free to stop, free to work, free to trade where I choose my own teachers, free to follow the religion of my fathers, free to think and talk and act for myself, and I will obey every law, or submit to the penalty.

Heinmot Tooyalaket ( Chief Joseph), Nez Perce Leader

5 comments:

  1. I LIKE it. too bad more people don't LIVE by these words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice. I think I have to keep those words. Hmmm, I think this even applies to equal access to healthcare?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long ago, the great minds had things all figured out . . .

    Somewhere along the line, we stopped listening to them.

    These words are an eloquent reminder that it’s time to listen again.

    Thanks for this post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this famous quote from his speech! Native American wisdom always feeds my soul. Spoken truth and what wisdom it is! If only everyone felt and lived this way...

    Peace and love to you! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.