Tuesday, February 24, 2009

AN OLD FRIEND

I ran into an old friend this weekend. We used to meet everyday and spend some time being creative together. O, we have done so many projects. We have made clothes, curtains and drapes, many dolls. There are too many projects to really list properly. I haven't seen her in a while. You know the old saying, out of sight out of mind. Well Dian invited me to participate in a beaded art doll round robin. I have never done one before. I needed to think of a theme and make a pattern. That's when I called on my old friend to help me put it all together. Yep, you guessed it. My old friend is my Viking Sewing Machine.

She hasn't had much use lately, but I am going to find a spot for her to remain so that she will be ready to go at any minute. I love her. I had forgotten how much.

No, I can't put beading aside, but I definitely have the urge to sew. But, can I find the time?

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carol!

    Looks like you have the ingredients for a wave of creativity to burst forth! I have a Viking machine also...Still wish I could find someone to give me some lessons on how to use it in an even more exciting way!

    It was 70 degrees in Boulder today! I went for a little walk with Frenchy and I found an owl feather from my owl that lives down the road!

    Happy creating!

    xo Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old friend too...I've had my Singer since we got married so long ago, and I just don't use it as much as I used to. I kind of pushed it aside as well, although it has been so faithful when I needed it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we moved from PA to FL I brought my old friend along. Not for me however it is at my daughter Jessica's house. The last project I did on mine was valances for the other house in wild Flamingo material. Thanks for stimulating my memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just leave you old friend where she is handy and she will be there for you. Isn't it great to have a friend handy to help you create!!
    That is why my work areas stay so cluttered, I love everything out where it is handy - searching can waste so much time. Can't see what you two do together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great timing! I will remind my sister when I see her tomorrow that she was going to give me our mother's old singer that was used to make a gazillion dresses for us and our dolls - even some of our wedding dresses. Thanks so much for the reminder. Our friends do much better when they are kept in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet those two boys are keeping you very busy...Good job in prepping yourself for the next creative lightbulb -- this way you're ready no matter what! Love, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow!
    You're making me long for my own poor little abandoned sewing machine! I used to sew a lot, but these days it's beads that have my attention. I may just have to dust off Old Faithful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.