Thursday, January 29, 2009

Young Men Will Be Boys



After much deliberation, my grandson finally decided that he would get a pet mouse. That kind of shocked me, because he wasn't too crazy about a field mouse that had found its way to his bedroom this fall.



Not only does a mouse need a house, he needs furniture too. This guy got a house that had a balcony for him to climb up on to keep watch. There was a Pringle can tunnel, and a tissue paper one too. Of course, there had to be a wheel.





There was quite a bit of rearranging to be done.
It wasn't easy to catch him either. But they are determined that the mouse WILL be picked up.


Nice little place to ride....and hide poop!







His name is Jerry.
Friends.


7 comments:

  1. Hopefully he will look after it and not you or his Mum.

    Over the years my son has had a hamster, a duck, 4 snakes, a 4 wk old kitten and some other I am sure I have forgotten. The kitten is the only survivor and is now OUR cat, the lovely and elegant Miss Skara Brae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I used to have two female rats and I loved them! They are social and sweet. This mouse is adorable! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little mousey! I "rescued" one from a trap (that was set by the previous owners of our house) in our attic. Poor little guy lost his foot, and I couldn't bear to turn him loose outside, so I bought him a house and kept him. And then felt bad that he didn't have a friend...so we went to the pet store and bought one! I'm a sucker when it comes to critters...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about sweet pictures, Carol!!! Your two guys just melt my heart! I bet they think you are the coolest Grandmother ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a wonderful grandmother, but I am not sure how attached I could get to a mouse. My son had a hamster, my grandson has 2 dogs,but who knows what he will find in the future. The insects get let loosed quickly.
    But you got to just love the memories with the little guys.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids had rats and I remember enjoying them myself. I loved to share my popcorn with them. He'll enjoy this little pet; he's a whole different story than a wild one in your room (I've been tempted to turn a wild one into a pet a couple of times but thought better of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...that is just darn cute. Great way for kids to learn lots of new things..

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.