Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Tribute To My BFF




I am a member of the yahoo group Beaded Art Dolls. I recently entered my first beaded art doll beadalong. Though I have made many art dolls, I had never made a beaded art doll. My first project was a transition from "art" to "beaded art".

It is a tribute to a long distance friendship that I highly value. Deb is one of the kindest, most loving, giving and conciderate people I have ever met. The doll was supposed to depict a song. I don't even know the name of this song. It's a little tune that I'm not sure where I heard many years ago. One of the girls on the group, Rosalie, thought it was in an I Love Lucy episode. The words are:

Friendship, Friendship. Just a perfect friendship.
When other friendships have gone to pot
Ours will still be hot.

Thats all I remember.

The dolls are a tribute to my friend Deb who lives in California. BDZ members know her as dochoamom.

I met Deb about a year ago on My Space. Our love of beading is what brought us together. Thanks to the internet and the Verizon Network, we have become good friends and speak on the phone every day. Deb's outlook on life is different than any other person I have met. We share the events of the day. We support and console each other, encourage each other and bounce ideas off each other. We share Saturday morning coffee, review books together and skim through our newest magazine issues together. When my husband saw the finished dolls, he picked them both up, one in each hand and made them dance and sing "ta dee da da, I finally get to see you". He is so funny and supportive.

The symbolism in Deb's doll is that she lives in a hot climate and wears flip flops and skirts. She has pet turtles and beads belt buckles. My doll has my wild hair and 2 of my animal totems, the frog and cardinal. I am wearing jeans that I would still love to be able to wear all jazzed up. I love glitz and glitter and rhinestones. Each bead was applied with thoughts of our friendship and love.

Deb this is my tribute to our friendship. I feel sure that we will be BFF.
Love,
Carol

PS: Someone on BAD just posted the words to the song. Here it is Deb. This is totally how I feel about you.

If you're ever in a jam, here I am.If you're ever in a mess, S.O.S.If you're so happy, you land in jail. I'm your bail.It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot.Da da da da da da dig dig dig.If you're ever down a well, ring my bell.If you're ever up a tree, just phone to me.If you ever loose your teeth when you're out to dine, borrow mine.It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.When other friendships are soon forgeet, ours will still be great.Loddle doddle chuck chuck chaa.If they ever black you're eyes, put me wise.If they ever cook your goose, turn me loose.And if they ever put a bullet through your brain, Ill complain.It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.When other friendships are soon forgit, ours will still be it.Ah loddle doddle hip hap hap.If you ever loose your mind, I'll be kind.And if you ever loose your shirt, I'll be hurt.If you're ever in a mill and get sawed in half, I won't laugh.It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.When other friendships are are up the crick, ours will still be slick.Ah loddle doddle woof woof woof, hep hep hep, chopp chop chop, digdig dig.Good evening friends

8 comments:

  1. OMG Carol... Thank you!!! Yes it was on I love Lucy too... Wow I love the dolls... You mean the world to me too. I am so glad that we "met". If I don't talk to you I feel that something is missing from my day. I look forward to your morning e-mail. And smileys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...you guys are so cute! What a gift you both have in each other! I have that kind of relationship with my girls. we talk daily as well and encourage each other and support each other too. I am happy you have that special kind of connection through your art too! Nice dolls Carol. This is something I havent tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is adorable Carol. Wish it was a little more closeup to see your nice work, but wow what a project. How nice that you guys have each other. I do remember that episode of I love Lucy too!! My sisters are my best friends. I thank the almighty cell phone that we can have these great long distance talks for free right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your dolls. They are so full of color. I'm sure Deb will love them too. It's really neat you've got such a great friend. Like Jacqui, my sisters are my closest friends and I wish I lived nearer to them. Someday. In the meantime there is the phone. I also enjoy the internet and blogging friends. What a world we live in today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good friends are hard to find. Hold on to the friendship.
    The bead work is so wonderful and like my Grammy Beads an act of love. It does not get any better than that.
    Hug
    Deb in FL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dolls, Carol! Where did you buy the pattern. It's great the way that the internet has brought up a whole new way of making friends - and it's wonderful when an internet friend becomes a friend. I have made real friends with people that I would have never known if it wasn't for the power of cyber space....

    Great job on the doll - love the colours. The whole thing!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doll is a wonderful tribute to friendship. I adore her.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol-what a beautiful story and friendship! I admired your dolls when they first appeared but somehow missed the story behind them...This is such an interesting cyber friendship, support, and sharing world that we participate in! I already feel the friendships beginning that often go deeper than many of my daily life interactions. I am so grateful...and so grateful to know you as well!
    Merry Christmas! Camilla

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.