Monday, November 3, 2008

Show and Tell


I don't buy much for myself. But when it comes to gardening, birding and beading there is not much that I deny myself, within reason, of course. So I decided to show you some of the things I have bought recently.
This little birdie bead was a purchase from Heather at http://humblebeads.etsy.com. She has such cute little critters also. Worth a moment to take a look.

And, since starting the BJP, I realize how much more I want to know. So, what better place to find answers than Robin herself! I ordered these two books directly from her at
http://www.robinatkins.com/. If you are new to bead embroider, or just want to learn cool techniques, please check these out. They are absolutely wonderful. Want to know how to make an interesting tree trunk? Or a mountain stream? Or just thoughts for journaling. Definitely one of my favorite purchases ever.

Ok, I'm not a great photographer. But this pendant is awesome. Its by Laura Mears and I bought it from http://www.beyondbeads.com/. You may have seen some of her work incorporated into pieces done by Sheri Serafini or Heidi Kummli. I was obsessed to own one. Now I must really plan this piece to do it justice. I see bead shopping in my future!!




This picture does NOT do this pin justice!! It was a gift from Sue U http://sueun.bravejournal.com/. She had a drawing from the names of all people that posted on her blog during a certain time frame. I'm thinking that I'll do that sometime. When I was taking the picture of the pin, my daughter and her friend came in and they went wild over how beautiful it is.
I thought the next thing would be "can I have it?" - NO!


And here is a book that my bestest friend Deb http://beadbitsbydebs.blogspot.com/ sent to me. We are on a journey together. I believe in the power of the universe and I have heard a lot of good things about this book.
I would also like to mention here that I have also bought some absolutely beautiful beads from Charlene at http://www.cbbeads.com/. Right now she is having a buy 3 get one of the same value free. Charlene's son is ill with no insurance so she has been trying to increase sales to be able to help him. She is a wonderful person to purchase from and is one of my favorite on line stores.

And saving the best for last here!!!! My grandson spent the weekend at my house and was gracious enough to take a trip to Michael's and Hobby Lobby with me. While I was in the bead aisle, he was looking around for something crafty to do. He selected one of those potholder looms. This is a potholder that he made and turned into a stuffed chicken. It was a present for my husband who loves chickens. He probably loves them because he misses his youth, when he had chickens and roosters for pets.
So, that's all I have for now. Hope you enjoyed looking at my treasures. I don't buy a lot, but when I do, its because I really love what I buy.






8 comments:

  1. Carol - great finds! You should have seen me when my copy of Heart to Hands arrived in the mail. You would have thought it was gold. I literally rubbed the cover and hugged it. Weird, but true. I love that book. That pendant bead looks (even blurry) phenomenal. Can't wait to see what you do with it. the potholder chicken is beyond sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you went and got me in big trouble Carol! I went to Laura mears site and was blown away by her dog pendants. I have asked her to do one of Maddux or Sienna (or both) and I am waiting to get an answer back. I also ordered the same 2 books from Robin. Last week i also put in a $200 bead order from Charlene of cbbeads as I heard of her plight with her sons medical issues through a yahoo group we both belong to! I think I have reached the end of my monthly bead addiction and its only the 3rd! Wait, technically i ordered the beads on the 27th of October, so that counts as last months expense right?? I am doing alright then...whew! Thanks for sharing your goodies with me! Hugs, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally found your blog - so new at this. I love the chicken- they were my pets when I was little too.Somewhere there is a picture. I like your finds and the fact you are having fun with your grandson.
    By the way Houston tales will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol, lots of cool finds! It's always interesting to see where everyone buys their things and in this case I plan to visit all your suggestions and see what all they have that I can spend my hard earned money on. The little chicken is just precious! I've never even been close to a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha OMG Carol now I have to get those books. Love the goodies... thanks for sharing... Tell K that I would love a potholder... hint hint :)

    Love,Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the goodies and thanks for the links to all those good beading suppliers! I have no money right now but should I get some...
    My absolute fave was that chicken!!! I want to add a few beads to him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How old is your grandson, Carol? He certainly is a clever lad... his chicken rocks!!! Way fun to see all your purchases... you could start a tag thing and ask people to show the artsy things they bought in the past 2 weeks, or something like that. Thanks for the acknowledgement about my books... you made my day! Robin A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little chicken. He did a great job.

    Your beads are great. I saved the pages you linked to so I can see what they have.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.