Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What you really don't want to know


This is my Boxador- Jack.
Black Jack
Black Jackshelack
Jack of all Trades
Jackie Chan
I rescued him from Doggy Jail about 8 years ago and we are dedicated to each other. He is one of my two dogs.



I have been tagged to tell anyone who reads this 7 things about me that no one could possibly care about! Then I get to tag 7 others to do the same.
1. I love rocks. I use them to landscape the yard wherever I can. I have little terre cotta saucers around with pretty stones in them that my daughter gave me when she was little, my husband has given me and my grandsons have found. I put little animals on them..a frog sitting on one, or a turtle or whatever little critter I have.
2. I love, love, love coffee. I drink about 2 pots a day, sometimes more. The hard stuff with caffeine, but hazelnut flavored. It doesn't keep me awake and I drink it right up until I go to bed.
3. I hate reality TV shows like Great Race, Survivor etc. and I dislike the Oprah Show. BUT
I love those Forensic shows on Court TV, anything about the Supernatural and MSNBC.
4. I love to watch my grandkids play sports.
5. I love the build up to Halloween. I like quiet Thanksgiving days, love to shop the day after Thanksgiving Day sales, and celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve.
6. I hate winter. We would move south but we can't leave our grandkids.
7. I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon, and travel in the west.
My tags are going to be people that I want to know more about and a couple that also have shops that I love. That way if you have never seen them, it will give you some entertainment too!
1. is http://stoneweaver.blogspot.com/. Stoneweaver has a pretty interesting blog. She tells the healing power of stones and crystals and has a shop on etsy. I hope you will visit and I hope you find her blog as interesting as I.
3. This is my bestest friend. She is always trying new things and encourages me in every way.
4.http://seedbeader.blogspot.com/ Here is another interesting person I'd like to know more about.
5. http://soulshamans.blogspot.com/ Please visit this blog. She is new but has made some amazing dolls.
7. http://humblebeads.blogspot.com/ You may have seen her on Art Bead. I found her etsy shop looking for a hawk bead, which I ordered and is featured on her blog today! Please visit and see her cute cute cute critters and you all know I LOVE critters!

So there you have it. My seven tidbits and 7 places for you to visit and see where I like to go.
My list of blogs to follow is growing everyday and I am meeting some really great people.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog - and tagging me. I will indeed play along - but in a day or so as have a lot on. Love your blog. I'm following it now ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the tag... and the compliment... Give me a day or two to update....

    Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post - thanks for listing all those beautiful blogs! Love all your nicknames for your dog. I do the same thing - it drives my husband crazy, since our one dog we just adopted a few months ago and he insists I confuse him when I call him anything other than Rocco. But sometimes he's rockstar, rock-a-roo, rock-a-billy.....I just can't help it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we were seperated at birth! Love your nicknames for your adorable dog. Maddux has these:
    Maddy, W, Mr Bubbles, michael Buble, bubblebutt,Dew,doobie doobie doo, tank, bubba, mr lover lover thats to name a few! I also LOVE coffee, its my preferred drink, I collect rocks, Court TV is on all the time, I love forensics show - the real ones like 48 hours, forensics files, cold case files etc...any documentary about true crimes. Then the bead thing! See? I think we were seperated....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol...

    I so enjoyed your post. It is always fun to learn more about everyone. I think Jack is so cute and I understand how they get their special names...my girls did too!

    I also like rocks, dislike reality TV, and have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon too. Maybe one day you'll have the chance to visit Oregon, I think you would love it!

    I meant to tell you that one evening I sat and read all your posts and wanted to leave a comment and started to fall asleep and haven't gotten back to let you know how much I enjoyed your pictures and stories! I especially enjoyed all your snaps of nature and I love the story about chipper and Mr. Baldy! That is so cool that he loves peanut butter sandwiches! I need to try that. I keep trying to make friends with a couple (six) in our yard but they haven't taken anything out of my hand yet. They are definitely getting closer though. I'll have to try the PB sandwich...maybe that would work! ~wink~

    We take care of and love the birds and squirrels in our yard too. We have learned so much just by watching!!!

    Thanks for sharing places you like to visit too...I'll check them out.

    ~Lisa ;-)

    P.S. I'm going back to catch up because I missed your post on the October BJP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol- Thank you for all of your wonderful comments on my art doll blogsite. I will accept your tag to write 7 things about myself soon. My pop up windows are opening very small so I have not been able to navigate and see your site as I would like to! See you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the names you have for Jack! We do the same with our animals..Nutmeg (one of our bunnies) is Nutty, Nutty Brown, Beasley Brown, Beasy Weasy... so silly! And she knows every name..ha ha

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.