Monday, August 4, 2008

Squirrel Finds A Travel Pillow




Yesterday morning shortly after I woke up I looked out the front door. Across the street I saw a squirrel dragging something bigger than her and bright orange. I watched and tried to figure out what she had and was so engrossed I forgot to get my camera. She dragged it across the neighbors front yard and actually dragged it up a tree! I have seen plenty of squirrels make nests, but I have NEVER seen anything like this! Well, I hurried to get my camera and went across the street to watch what she did with what I determined to be a travel pillow. Here you see pictures of her actually tearing apart the pillow to get at the stuffing. The last pic shows the orange cover. The whole thing was packed between a fork in a branch. I am not sure if squirrels are still mating. I just hope this isn't a sign of the sqirrel knowing she is going to need an extra warm nest this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.