Monday, August 18, 2008

A Hawk Visits


I wish this picture was closer. I looked out the living room window and was absolutely stunned to see a hawk sitting on the bird bath. I hurried to take a picture, but by the time I got a second one, he had flown to the telephone wire behind the tree. When I went outside to try to get another, I was surprised to see him sitting on the wire next to a yellow finch--he saw me and flew. I am not sure what kind of hawk he was. We have a Cooper Hawk swoop in on the feeders every now and then trying to catch lunch. He even sat on the porch once. This bird was greyish and white. A few days before this picture, I had seen him roosting in the tree and fly out, but it was all in a second and I didn't really get a good look. I don't know why its so thrilling to see a hawk up close. Maybe because they seem more WILD than the usual birds at the feeder.

1 comment:

  1. If you click on the picture it is a really great close up... great job Carol... beautiful bird!

    Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.