Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Life Is Like Peyote Stitch



I probably mentioned sometime that I am new to beadweaving. I have strung "big beads" for years and never saw the beauty in the tiny seeds. Maybe I have come of age! The first pic is a picture of a modified St. Petersburg chain necklace. The first bead weave necklace I have made., even though I still need to add the clasp. The pattern is from one of the editors of Beadwork Mag. I love this stitch, I think because it naturally forms a V, and I always wear V-neck tops. The little chain next to it is a spiral. I absolutely love this stitch also. So now I have learned two stitches. The pick on the right is of a project for a peyote freeform challenge. Since I never did peyote before, I have had several starts. I can tell you that I sure can tell when peyote is messed up and I must do the "Ribit". But after the first 3 rows, every bead seems to fall in line. There is a slot for every little bead that you add. That is why I think my life is like Peyote Stitch. My life has fallen into a routine. Each event has its own little slot. Everything in my home has its own place. My life is structured. Just like Peyote Stitch. There are some that will say "how boring". There are others that will understand completely why my life is comfortable and secure and I don't find it boring at all.

5 comments:

  1. The necklaces are beautiful, Carol. A structured life would be wonderful. How do you attain that state?

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the St. Petersberg Carol, it turned out nice... and I'm going to have to try the spiral too... I was doing a channel bracelet this morning.. I'll send you pics tomorrow...

    Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard and home are stunning! I love the look of your beds. Here in Florida it is a 24/7 job keeping at the weeds and bugs! The natural look of your gardens are once again lovely. You spend time at it, and it shows! Onto beading, my mother just got into seed beading as well. Your work is beautiful! The turquois piece is going to be lovely! Does your daughter beg for your work like I do for my mothers??? hahaha
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my daughter ALWAYS wants what I make. What's bad is that she brings pictures to me and says "make me this" which I usually do if I can find similar- whatever- beads, yarn 'cause I crochet, fabric 'cause I sew, florals 'cause I arrange- whatever. At least I know that when I die, she will have a lot of what I made for her! PS thanks for the Weather Pixie. I'm a total sucker for blog wigets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol... I'm just getting around to visiting blogs of folks that left comments on mine. I was SO happy to see a fellow blogger and beadweaver from Indiana!

    Love the modified St. Petersburg chain necklace and am especially enamored of the freeform challenge piece... did you finish it? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.