Sunday, July 13, 2008

Around My House





Here is a pic of the front of my home. I have been off work for a week and spent any time that the weather permitted working at planting and weeding. We like a natural look and use rocks where we can. I LOVE rocks, and so does my husband. The huge rock at the edge of our front deck was found where he works. We had a flat bed tow truck bring it to our home. The driver estimated that it probably ways more than a ton. It is really is pretty and BIG. Two people sit comfortably on it.
I don't like to have plastic lawn ornaments, but my daughter gave me the ones in the pic. I love turtles and they look pretty cute on the rock. Most of the rocks in our yard have come from farmers fields. We have been collecting them for over 35 years. (There are alot of them in the back yard!) The front yard has several bird baths. The one you can see in the pic was one of two we bought in about 1972. The other is under the tree in the pic of the house. We bought one for us and one for my parents and now I have them both. So, if you see those cement lawn ornaments and think they aren't worth the price, think again. Every few years we paint these, and they have lasted for 36 years!

An update on my baby Jenny Wrens. They have hatched and we hear them chirping for food. Their house is outside our bathroom or kitchen window, depending on which room you are in. We are waiting patiently to see them.

3 comments:

  1. Carol:

    It looks like all your hard work paid off. Your yard is gorgeous. Are those caladiums in the background? I just love the colorful leaves.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne:
    The row of big leaves are Hosta that have gotten huge. I will have to split them. I have a place in the backyard I want them to be.

    Thank you for the compliment on the yard. We absolutely love the way it looks, and actually, its not very much to keep up. The garden where the Hosta are have Pacsandra and not many weeds come through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been a while since an update here....

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.