Sunday, June 1, 2008

More Visitors
















This is Mr. Turtle. I was driving on the highway near my home and found him in the middle of the road. I was sure he wouldn't survive, so I picked him up and gave him a ride to my backyard critter haven. He seemed to like the pond, which is the same one the ducks liked. I love the second pic. Look closely and you can see him looking at me. We haven't seen him around much, he may have left. Whatever he does, stay or go, I don't care as long as he survives.
















These are pics of one of the Redheaded Woodpeckers that live in our back yard. I keep suet cakes out for them and the Downy Woodpeckers and the Hairy Woodpeckers that also visit the feeders. The Redheads have also been eating at the feeders that contain sunflower seeds.

I throw stale bread out for the birds and squirrels but the RABBITS have been eating it also. I think thats strange, but I don't know much about wild rabbits. I just let everybody eat what they want to, and try to protect what I need to!

I hope you enjoy visiting my yard as much as I like to write about it. I have been visiting alot of blogs by beady people who are going to participate in the BJP. I try to leave a comment so they know I was there, enjoying what they had to share.

I would love for you to let me know you were here!

3 comments:

  1. Personally I love visiting your blog... Mr. Turtle 2 is really cool looking... Glad you got pics of him... Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and enjoyed seeing Mr. Turtle's picture and reading his story! I'll be a regular visitor.
    Mellan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how cool. I've never seen a woodpecker. Not a common thing in San Diego. Love the turtle too.

    ReplyDelete

If you are planning to leave SPAM...DON'T Bother. Comments are moderated and I don't read or post SPAM.

To my firends: Thank you for visiting. Please leave a comment.
Have a wonderful day.